Prinergy Evo vs Connect

Mark

Looking to replace Brisque. Is Prinergy Connect worth the premium over Evo?
We currently have a Lotem 800 Quantum and Matchprint inkjet connected to a Brisque performance dual. We also occasionally send Brisque files directly to KM6500 digital. Our customers files don't really work with high level of automation or direct submission of pdfs since we generally have alot of editing/correcting to do.

Any former Brisque users opinions would be appreciated. If there are features in Connect that you feel are must have please let me know.
Thanks.

(I am also looking at the competition, but this post only concerns Prinergy)

Hi Mark - I'm not our Workflow expert, but there are a few key considerations I'd use to determine what's best for your business (I'm sure our sales guys can flog you with this stuff if they haven't already).

The main difference between the two is that Connect has a full Oracle database on the back end - that's actually the vast majority of the price difference too (Oracle isn't cheap - but you get what you pay for in performance). That database enables a lot of higher-value features, especially in terms of automation (RBA, cost reduction, process standardization, error reduction, etc.) and connectivity (online storefront, online collaboration and job submission, driving offset and digital production from a single workflow, etc.).

If cost-reduction automation opportunities, "Web to Print", or online job submission and collaboration are in your plans, or if you want to also drive your digital output from the same workflow (even including the possibility of Storefront-driven VDP) - then Connect is the right choice.

Evo has the same rendering system, technology, and processing capabilities - including scalable rendering servers, but lacks the database-dependent stuff above. Of course we offer upgrades if your plans change in the future, but in the end that'll work out slightly more expensive.

If you need a contact for more info, let me know. I hope some users here can give you some insight too.

Kevin.

I'll echo what Kevin said in regards to the main difference between the installs: Automation.

We run both a Connect & an EVO, one of each in 2 different locations. EVO's fine if you have to maintain some form of intervention in the workflow and still do all of your impo & prep manually. If you really want to get serious about automation then Connect is a beast. Make no mistake, there is a LOT of training & education required to make use of the Rules Based Automation (RBA) and Advanced Production Automation (APA) and higher-functioning features. I'm pretty sure we haven't even scratched the surface, even though we've been running Connect for almost 3 years now.

Anyway, it's miles above Brisque, which we came from as well. Any specific questions, ask away & I'll attempt to answer!

upgrade

upgrade

Kevin if I was a current Evo customer and was upgrading to Connect what would the ballpark price be?

It's a difficult question to answer because of the wide range of system sizes and options that Prinergy can be configured with. However, the list-price difference between an apples-to-apples Evo and Connect system is only $10k (again - essentially just the cost of the Oracle license and heavier-duty hardware). If you can afford that at the start (even if you don't get the bells and whistles), I strongly urge you to do it.

The upgrade from Evo to Connect is actually a physical replacement though, due to the heavier hardware requirements of Connect - so we give a trade-in credit based on what Evo configuration you had. I wish I could be more specific on the upgrade cost, but it's a pretty generous program - our sales reps can be specific once they know which options and configurations you're looking at.

Kevin.

Prinergy Evo vs Connect

We have had a lot of ongoing support problems prinergy. Something to consider as well.
jb

I've used Brisque, Connect as well as EVO...........
I think for what you will be doing EVO would be my choice.
There are some features that I miss from Connect such as Insite, which is an extremely powerful web based customer uploading & proofing portal that is really on its own in the industry.
Having said that if you are used to sending proofs out the old fashioned way and don't mind dropping files manually go EVO.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back