Print problem v180

The background has been there for me since it was installed. It’s light enough that customers don’t notice it, but it does change the brightness of coated paper. It becomes more evident when the black drum starts to reach the end of its life but replacing the drums never eliminates the toner background.

I never had this on my 80 and another shop that upgraded from a 180 to 280 said the same thing. They never had the background tint with the 180 but have it with the 280.

If your techs find a solution, please post.

I sure hope toner isn't going to be a problem again. It took almost 2 years before I was running without loosing drums to bad batches of toner.
There was a drum issue also on the Versant, they changed manufacturer and the coating on the drums was faulty, we had massive issues with that also.

Might want to check if the tc sensors have been calibrated to the value stamped on the sensor for each dev. assy.

I had a similar problem on the Versant 4100 with yellow toner. After replacing two toners it was fixed. It was a defective toner. Check the waste toner container, you will see that it is mostly magenta.

hello, I still have the problem anyone have finding a solution of this issue, the light background i have is from all color cyan, magenta and black point
Please if there is a solution pls pls

This is a photo zoomed of dots i have in all background of sheet edge to edge
thanks for your help in advance

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-29 at 15.22.23.jpeg

I have the same problem on my 4100. And it didn't do it before. The technician also does not know what it could be due to. Did the IBT change solve the problem?

A412BF11-3881-4349-9099-713E2039413D.jpeg
Hell, the problem is begin to be big as you can see in the photo
Have you found a solution for this problem
Thank you

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back