Printer Advice

Trini Marlon

Hi my name is Marlon i am from Trinidad & Tobago, i have a small print shop where i outsource 90% of my printing jobs i would like to cut that amount down though, and become more competitive at the same time so i am seeking the help and advise of you guys that have the years of experience in this industry to advise me as to what kind of short run printer / digital press i can invest in, that will be cost effective and give me great quality prints and the consumables don't cost an arm and a leg.

I print Business Cards, Brochures, Flyers, Letter Heads, Envelopes, Booklets etc and i do this on Bound paper, Gloss & Heavy card stock up to 300gsm or higher can any one advise me as to what printer will fit my needs, i will be importing all my consumables from the us so a us operational coast will do i have at less two machines in mine the xerox 500/700 and the canon c7000vp can any one advice me as to witch one of these machine will best work for me or any other machine that will i look forward towards hearing from you.

Marlon

Last edited:
If you're looking far forward into the future and see yourself taking on bigger printing jobs yourself, you should consider investing on long-term printers so that you wouldn't need to buy as many additional equipment for your added services. No specific printer suggestions, but one that isn't likely to become obsolete soon should be perfect.

It all depends on your specifics. Of course you need to consider the volume of expected prints to be delivered, paper sizes and all.

Are your prints more on text, especially those of 10pt font or below? Is it photo based or font based? If it's the latter then consider buying laser printers. As we all know, inkjet printers cannot provide crisp lines and texts of fonts lower than 10pt.

Just try to research more based on your desired specifications. Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back