Problem dealign with text appearance on Illustrator..

Eliox

Good day again, I have been offline for a while and now I am back with a weird problem,

The problem consists of the appearance panel when dealing with text objects,
I know how the appearance panel works and how I can add multiple fills and strokes and all that stuff but, usually when you create a new text, the appearance panel shows only "type" in the title without fill and stroke details unless u select the text with the type tool, however, it happened to me that I do have one sentence written and when I select it I can see fill and stroke just like if it was an object, knowing that I don't have any effect applied to it and I did not add any new fill or stroke, I don't even know how to add a new appearance to a text (I know how to add a new fill or stroke). Anyone can help me find out how this happened and how did the transition occur? this is causing me problems when editing large complex files.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Elie,

I want to mention that if I select a newly written word and pick the colors from the sentence where the appearance looks like it is an object.. the new text fill and stroke become "none" even tho the word is Blue.. this is confusing ^

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back