Problem in selectset 44s

mohamed

we have an selectset avantra 44s with buffer and online processor
the machine boot normaly without error
when we do a feed and cut, the online icon flash and no thing is done (no cut, no error on OCP)
we must reboot to use OCP. wHEN WE DO ANOTHER FEED, THE FILM ADVANCE to the buffer but the cut is impossible.
after reconfiguration from online to output cassette, the imagesetter working is good. the feed and cut is done normaly.
Now, i don't know if the problem is in bridge sensors, electronic PCB or in buffer.
I think that the problem is in sensors or buffer
I have not AVDIAG TO FIX THE PROBLEM
cAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE ?

Avantra did not get the signal READY from the film processor.
Check the serial cable from the processor to Avantra and both connections at small RJ45-to-DB9 intermediate cable connected to OCP.

Thank you for your response VALDCAD
I verifies what you suggested, the cables are good.
When the tamperature of processor is not stable , there is a message on the operator panel of the imagesetter

Thank you for your response VALDCAD
I verifies what you suggested, the cables are good.
When the tamperature of processor is not stable , there is a message on the operator panel of the imagesetter

Mohamed,

If the temperature to the Developer is not stable, you will lose the ready signal from the processor.

Check the following, Temperature sensor on the Developer, Circulation pump, and lastly
check filter on developer. When was the last time you changed the filter?

STSTech

Excuse me but i haven' t problem in my processor the tamperature stabilise normaly,
I THINK YOU MUST READ MY FIRST THREAD
I PRECISE WHEN ALL THING IS READY IN IMAGESETTER AN PROCESSOR? THE FEED AND CUT OFF THE FILM IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT ANY ERROR MESSAGE ON OCP
tHE PROCESSOR ICON IS FLASHING CONTINOUSLY (the timer setting in 1 or 0)

The flashing processor icon on the OCP is an indicator that the Avantra has requested status from the processor. The processor has responded that it is not ready to accept film input. Lack of any communication with the processor would result in an earlier error on the OCP indicating that a processor was not online so that there is communication with the processor. Therefore, there is definitely a problem with the processor. If there is no indication on the processor control panel of any problem, then check the input sensors of the processor. Especially check the sensor that is on its own guide across the film path. If it is jammed in the up position no error will be detected by the processor but it will not allow film to be sent to it from the Avantra. Additionally, check the buffer to insure that it is on a home position at the Avantra and that its metal flags will fully meet the sensors for both positions (at Avantra and at Processor).

Excuse me but i haven' t problem in my processor the tamperature stabilise normaly,
I THINK YOU MUST READ MY FIRST THREAD
I PRECISE WHEN ALL THING IS READY IN IMAGESETTER AN PROCESSOR? THE FEED AND CUT OFF THE FILM IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT ANY ERROR MESSAGE ON OCP
tHE PROCESSOR ICON IS FLASHING CONTINOUSLY (the timer setting in 1 or 0)

I reread your post. I now understand what you were trying to state. Read the post from
28yrAGFASE,and do the checks he explained. Another thing you can do, is go into OCP hidden screen and turn on processor simulate. This will force a ready on the interface on the OPC panel. You will be able to do an advance cut. Watch the OCP panel for bridge/buffer errors. If the film advances, cuts,transports,and processes your film, you may have a bad OCP panel.

STSTech

Additional note, the timer setting of 1 or 0 is the time out between images before Avantra will automatically feed/cut to send to the processor when functioning normally. The 1 is a one minute time and the 0 is infinite. When on 0 the operator must come to the OCP and do a feed/cut to get the last image to go to the processor. That's the only function of the timer. Numbers higher than 1 will wait that many minutes before an automatic feed/cut is done.

MOhamad

MOhamad

From reading all of the post it seems there's a confusion of your problem. I'm going to go a different direction and as if this is a constant problem or intermittent. When you say it does nothing, does it advance the film and act like it's doing everything properly but just not really cut?

I'm thinking it is the cutter home switch.

Don, Re Reread the first post "reconfiguration from online to output cassette, the imagesetter working is good. the feed and cut is done normaly." and "the online icon flash and no thing is done (no cut, no error on OCP)". The first part tells us that the cutter is functioning normally. The second part tells us that the Avantra is awaiting and Ready signal from the OLP. Definitely OLP related.

thank you for your suggests
After reading 28yrAGFASE reply "check the input sensors of the processor. Especially check the sensor that is on its own guide across the film path''; sensors on processor.
it is a bad connection of the sensor purchase in the entry of processor
the imagesetter is good now
thank you very much

thank you for your suggests
after reading 28yrAGFASE i verify the input sensors of olp 36/44
The problem was in the connector of sensor in the input of processor
thank you all

yea, not really the right thread but was mentioned on the previous page.

Ours is clogged and causing issues so trying to source one locally (and not pay agfas silly prices)

5 micron filter recommended.
lifetime 1000 m (not square!)
In case of polyester plates processing, the filter could be coarse - 25 micron because of real sediment has bigger particles.

Last edited:
I know a lot of users who do not even use a filter, as that was in Rapiline processors for years, without any trouble.

Thanks

Had a 25 which i will stick in for now and pick up some 5 microns for the future.

For some reason we were never told to change it and never though about it so its at least 5 years old! and we run up to 2 rolls a month.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back