Avantra 44S error 60

kobakov

hi gurus,
after moving avantra 44s + olp to another room i got error 60 'Processor Garbled Communication'. There is no obvious problem with the processor and the error keeps comming even after detaching the rs-232 cable from the ocp (i would expect here error 58 instead but still get 60).
in another thread here i got the impression that error 60 may be related to bridge/buffer sensor board (which i disconnected during transfer), but i checked and rechecked the connectors. i have checked ground connectors too.
any ideas how to diagnose more specifficaly what the problem is?
I am out of ideas so please help.

<<i would expect here error 58 instead but still get 60>>
That means you still get a problem at OCP RJ45 jack for OLP RS-232 connection.
Possible bent spring contacts produce some kind of short cut... or even worst - problem inside the OCP at chips level.
The changing of statute from OLP to Cassette output has to clear Error 60 because OCP will not expect serial commands and signals, but will not cure your problem.

Last edited:
thank you vlad,
yes changing to cassette clears the error but it does not help to diagnose the real problem.
Can you think of something else i can check?

I have checked this connector too - it was ok. and i do not think it should matter when i disconnect it and still get error 60. i am really out of ideas - why do you think of chip level problem with the ocp?

'Cause Avantra waits for the only one signal from On-line processor -READY- to feed and cut imaged job. In case of OFF-line output that feature disabled.
If READY signal has changed a few times in a short time period - you will get Error 60.
You have no cable connection with OLP, but still have Error 60.

RJ45 jack is good, so... it's not an outter trouble but inner one.
IMHO you have Operator Control Panel problem somewhere inside of OCP.

I have nothing more to add.
If you are Russian speaking, ask your question at Форум RUDTP.RU - дизайн, верстка, препресс, печать, but I'm not sure somebody knows Avantra better than mine in there.

Last edited:
thank you vlad, i will consider trying another ocp when i can have one. unfortunately my russian is not good enough so i will stick to your suggestions here. thanks again

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back