Quark 6.x on Intel Macs

Grnofslt

Seems that Quark 6.5 works fine on the G-5s where I work, but has major issues on the Intel Mac. Just trying to find out if there had been documented issues with earlier versions of Quark when being installed on Intel Macs.

Bill

Hi Bill,

What sort of issues are you having? We have Quark 6.52 installed on several Intel Mac Pro's (all running Tiger at the moment) and are not having any issues.

Kind regards,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Quark 6.5 on intel

Quark 6.5 on intel

From what the ladies in the prepress dept tole me things like Step and repeat where you call for step and repeat and the dialogue box shows up, you make your settings, and click OK and nothing happens. Beyond that one item, I don't know.

At this point though, the problem is moot because that particular computer has been given to me for my work with our online catalog app which is totally web based. And any kind of page layout that I have to do will probably be done in InDesign because this computer also has that on it.

But if you have any insites in to why step and repeat might not be working I would be interested. Been thinking that I should go to Quark's site and look for any patches they might have made for this app.

Bill

Quark 6.5.x with 10.4 on intel Mac works perfect. If you have 10.5.x it doesn't work and is a known issue. The step and repeat function is one of the symptoms of it not working correctly. Quark 7 is intel native and with the latest patches you will have no trouble opening Quark 6 documents.

Good luck

From what the ladies in the prepress dept tole me things like Step and repeat where you call for step and repeat and the dialogue box shows up, you make your settings, and click OK and nothing happens. Beyond that one item, I don't know.

At this point though, the problem is moot because that particular computer has been given to me for my work with our online catalog app which is totally web based. And any kind of page layout that I have to do will probably be done in InDesign because this computer also has that on it.

But if you have any insites in to why step and repeat might not be working I would be interested. Been thinking that I should go to Quark's site and look for any patches they might have made for this app.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I have Quark 6.52 installed in Leopard and in my case, the Step and Repeat window doesn't display right. The fields to enter number of steps and step distances seem to be invisible. If you press the Tab key a few times, the fields do appear. I did some testing and found that the Step & Repeat function did perform as it should (in my case).

Not sure if this information would be helpful to you but I thought I would share.

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back