Rasterblaster question

gumbylives

Hi,
I am trying to get Rasterblaster to automatically startup in windows xp. I have tried placing the shortcut in the startup menu, but I keep getting an error.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gumby

Re: Rasterblaster question

I think this is more of a platform question, but I will attempt to answer.

I had not done this myself, so I did it and now I have one less thing to do if/when the RIP reboots.

Did you take the shortcut from it's original location in the program list and drag it to the startup folder? This is what I did and it works. I use Windows XP Professional for my rasterbalster box.

What is the error you get? I can guess that the shortcut is not pointing to the actual program.
Or that the administrator of your machine may need to do this process for you if you are not the administrator, along with many other issues....

If you can post the error that the program generates when it does not open, I am more than likely better able to help you.

This is what I got back from Xitron. So I guess its a no go. As that is the error I get...fatal security device
"If the error happens to be fatal security device yet you don’t receive this error when RB is started manually, this indicates that the dongle drivers are not being started until after the RB start has been executed. Because of this, I would recommend a manual start up of the RB application."
c'est la vie

I forgot to mention that on this RasterBlaster Machine I have a password set up for the profile. I let the machine sit for a few seconds and then put the password click enter and the system continues to startup and Raster Balster opens without error.

So maybe having the password dialgoue box gives the Dongle the time it needs to activate before Raster Blaster opens.

Again I am using Windoiws XP Professional for my RasterBlaster Box. I can only assume that other operating system versions of XP such as Home or Office may proicess these startup items differently.

HTH

You could try adding it as a scheduled task for when you log on.
Another way would be to make a batch file with a wait command in it (not too sure if wait works in XP though so the ping trick will do)

So if rasterblaster was located in
C:\rasterblaster\rasterblaster.exe

then this batch file should work.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

echo Starting Rasterblaster in 5 seconds
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 5000
"C:\rasterblaster\rasterblaster.exe"

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Then all you should need to do is drop the bat file in your startup folder.

one question...what does the ping in the batch file do? Is it necessary? and how do I use the sceduled tasks? thanks for all your help as it's very much appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back