Removing ICC tags in pitstop

rande

Have a PDF with RGB images.
Options?
Take all into Photoshop
remove ICC tags/ then convert through actions in pitstop
Or just convert in pitstop.
Which is the best way or is there another?
thanks

Why would you want to remove the taggs before converting? If you have a mixture of ICC profiles you should just convert. If you want more control you can convert in acrobat, using touchup image, properties (tag, untag, convert)

Wow. Interesting question. Here is another. "my house is on fire - should I jump from the window, or..."

well, that depends how many stories up you are ! Okay, so, lets gather the facts.

1. Why did you accept a PDF that has RGB images, and not insist on CMYK PDF/X1a ?

2. If you allow PDF file that contain RGB images, you might need to ask if this a PDF/X-3 file (where they knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and they EXPECT you to honor and apply...

3. Is this some random person, and do they have any idea as to what a profile is in the first place..

I guess this is one of them educational moments - without knowing if it is 2 or 3, i do not think anyone can advise you properly...you might convert to PDF/X1a in Acrobat using PitStop, setting up the color settings, proof it and show the customer...

Don't Remove....convert

Don't Remove....convert

I definitely wouldn't remove the icc profiles attached to your RGB images. Those profiles are going to help keep your cmyk conversion closer to what the customer thinks they'll get (based on how they last viewed them).

Make sure your color management is set up correctly in Pitstop and then convert to cmyk, or if your rip can do the conversion, let it convert them.

I must say that these worries have become a thing of the past since we've installed a workflow (Xitron) using the Adobe PDF Print Engine. The color conversions from RGB that we're getting are as good as Photoshop's.
The only reason we even check for RGB in pdfs is in case we get RGB type, which we don't want to convert to 4C.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back