Replacing Printer in workflow help/how to

Guy3685

I have just taken over as the network admin for a graphics printing company. In out CTP area they used to have an HP1000 where they could sent a job to before making the plates. That printer die and they decided to get an Epson to replace it. Now I'm left with figuring out how to install it. I have gotten as far as installing it on the Primary and Secondary Prinergy server. I have it shared on the Primary as \\HE3632\EPSON. How do I go about adding it to Prinergy so it will show up under workflow. When the mac users show me how they would print to it, the HP show up under Imposition output. I have never used any of this software and it apparently no one here knows anything other then how to use it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Service call into Kodak informed me that it is not possible with the epson. I need a RIP device as the epson will not handle the data directly from Prinergy. Temporary work around is having the users create a PDF and installed the printer as a local printer. They just need to figure out the scaling issues.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back