RGB color management

KellyT

Hi all,

I just joined the site today...

I'm working with RGB files on Epson 11880's. I create custom color profiles which have always worked fine. Lately I've noticed a color shift, it's slight but there. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a RIP software that works with RGB or any way to relinearize the printers so that I can maintain color consistency?

Thank you!

RGB Printing and RIP's

RGB Printing and RIP's

Onyx would be a fine choice as production RIP even though their density based linearisation is outdated in my opinion and surpassed by many Lab based iterative based re-calibrating RIP's (mostly to be found in the proofing enviroment to be fair). However if you don't need all the bells and whistles on a RIP such as tiling, nesting, step & repeat, pre-flight/colour correction etc. etc .etc then why not just re-build an RGB output ICC as your problem seems to relate to the natural drift of the device. Alternatively you could invest in a package like XRite Monaco Profiler amongst others which allow for a pre-linearisation of RGB or CMYK ICC's which then allows for updating later.

Rips stay the same, media, inks and enviroments shift

Rips stay the same, media, inks and enviroments shift

Hi all,

I just joined the site today...

I'm working with RGB files on Epson 11880's. I create custom color profiles which have always worked fine. Lately I've noticed a color shift, it's slight but there. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a RIP software that works with RGB or any way to relinearize the printers so that I can maintain color consistency?

Thank you!

You need to be mindful that a RIP will simply deliver values that are then sent to a marking engine. CHange paper, change your ink cartridges - color shifts. Temperature, humidity - these create shifts too. The pros use color management and often print control strips to make adjustment to get the device back into calibration - there are some that create / adjust / change profiles and a few that update tables, but these all require some device that measures the control strip.

I use the X-Rite ColorMunki (i need OCCATIONAL color adjustments) - others who do this several times a day have strip readers.

Hope this is helpful

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back