Richo c901 vs Canon 7000vp

j_sinclair

I'm new to this forum, but I was wondering if anyone has any input on the Richo c901 and the Canon 7000vp?

I will be purchasing one of these 2, I just am not sure which one.

I've demoed them both, and for my application, the quality of both were comparable, I am not to hung up on that. Either will work for me.

The biggest concern I have is will the machines hold up, or will I be calling for service everyday? I run an implant that does about 80,000-90,000/month color.

Any other comments are welcome as well.

Thanks

How about one of each :)

Did you demo the c900 I but you can get a deal on one now.

I actually could do one of each, but I think it would be easier to keep it all under one "tent"...

I demoed them both, and comparing them to what i have now (docucolor 7000), the quality is acceptable if not better.

Richo has ugraded their proposal to the c901 so totally getting away from the fuser oil makes a big difference.

I actually could do one of each, but I think it would be easier to keep it all under one "tent"...

I demoed them both, and comparing them to what i have now (docucolor 7000), the quality is acceptable if not better.

Richo has ugraded their proposal to the c901 so totally getting away from the fuser oil makes a big difference.

Whether the oil matters depends on what you are running if you are going to do things with large dark solids yeah it's better to not have the oil. The 901 is the 2nd gen too and they changed more than just getting rid of fuser oil. Like it comes with the Fiery system software for one.

On the Ricoh you have the option of replacing almost all of the maintenance items yourself. Even if you don't want to do that get the TCRU kit if it's is listed as an option. If you get the machine from Ricoh direct it should be coming with one. I don't have any customers that replace the units themselves but I can go in, swap all the units, and then rebuild them later while the machine is running. Since they made the machine so the end user can swap out the maintenance items it is really easy to do it so I would agree the machine is easy to work on.

What kind of stuff are you running ? Like paper, coverage, etc.

Being a Ricoh tech I don't know anything about the Canon :)

Last edited:
Support

Support

Have tested Canon not Ricoh. Bought Konic Minolta demo their new c8000. But really they all can output nice files. Service is the key, love or tech with KM. Don't have that much trouble but only run about 25000 month.

Actually, I installed 2 Ricoh C900 for a Previous Xerox customer. his first 2 initial runs were of 82k and 200k..with no faults at all. Canon, you will probably have a call every 16-25k..The Ricoh will average about 100k between calls. The new Ricoh 901 if anything should be the same or better. The key to the Ricoh is the initial installation. If done right it will run better then any competitor. However, if not you will have problems.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it should be an easy choice. If you feel quality is comparable than choose the PRO C901. It will save you a lot of money. In hardware and click pricing.

I have a C7000 and I am now buying the C901.
We ran numerous test files, and the C901 has comparable quality.

Something to remember is that the C901 offers the same ppm even when duplexing - that is HUGE.
Also the C7000 has 10 times the downtime at least. It has great image quality and registration back to back...however in the 2 years we have had it I would say the average downtime is 2-3 days a month, every month. It just flat out requires too much servicing.

We've had the C900 for about 8 months now. Downtime due to maintenance or service calls has been fairly minimal. Service has been great as well.

I have a C7000 and I am now buying the C901.
We ran numerous test files, and the C901 has comparable quality.

Something to remember is that the C901 offers the same ppm even when duplexing - that is HUGE.
Also the C7000 has 10 times the downtime at least. It has great image quality and registration back to back...however in the 2 years we have had it I would say the average downtime is 2-3 days a month, every month. It just flat out requires too much servicing.

Happy New Year in advance. Has Ricoh 901 been installed. How many prints you have made and what is your feed back on quality & downtime. Which rip did you buy.

We've had the C900 for about 8 months now. Downtime due to maintenance or service calls has been fairly minimal. Service has been great as well.

Happy New Year in advance. Which rip you bought with your 900. What is the meter reading. Before buying 900 which digital machines you were using.
Did you demo 901. What difference you found between 900 & 901. Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, it should be an easy choice. If you feel quality is comparable than choose the PRO C901. It will save you a lot of money. In hardware and click pricing.

Greetings.What machines you are currently using. Did you demo 901.What is the offer for the equiipment & click charges. I had demo for KM6000 & Ricoh 901 and I am satisfied with both. Not able to decide. Thanks.

Hi,

I am an account manager for Ricoh Netherlands and we are currently selling the PRO C901 for about 2 months now and have been able to sell 26 units. This is a huge amount for us.

To compare the 901 with the KN6000 is not a good idea. If you have a volume up to 30K per month than you might want to choose the cheaper option (KN6000). If your volume is 30K or more than the 901 would be preferable. It will help you with its great productivity (speed, registration, uptime, color consistency).

Hi,

I am an account manager for Ricoh Netherlands and we are currently selling the PRO C901 for about 2 months now and have been able to sell 26 units. This is a huge amount for us.

To compare the 901 with the KN6000 is not a good idea. If you have a volume up to 30K per month than you might want to choose the cheaper option (KN6000). If your volume is 30K or more than the 901 would be preferable. It will help you with its great productivity (speed, registration, uptime, color consistency).

Thanks for the information. 26 machines in about 2 month is very impressive achievement. Our volume is approx 150,000 prints monthly. Can you compare KM8000, KM6000 & Ricoh901 without online finishing equipment for easy understanding.

THe KM6000 is simply too light. This machine has good image quality but is not meant to print 150K per month.

The comparison between the C901 and the KM8000 is more interesting. In the Netherlands Ricoh is a more mature organisation than KM. We have 450 engineers outdoors and understand the graphical customers better than KM.

The machines are reasonably comparable when it comes to productivity and image quality. You might want to have them both offered and see which company is more eager. But do consider the offered back-up (technical, commercial) by both companies and test the machines on forehand extensively.

Oce'

Oce'

Hi,

I was under the impression that everybody in the Netherlands was required by law to buy Oce? ;)

LOL

That is correct. However, our friends in Venlo haven't had a genuine color printer since the CPS series.
Than again, they have sold lots and lots of the Konica Minolta 6500's.

KM C8000 and Ricoh C901 production locations?

KM C8000 and Ricoh C901 production locations?

If you know of any production locations that are currently using the KM C8000 and/or the Ricoh C901 near the Dallas, TX area, or anywhere else, please let me know.

Worked with both Brands not actual models

Worked with both Brands not actual models

Not sure if this helps, but I worked with all 3 (Cannon, Ricoh, and KM) brands and have always been a bigger fan of Cannon. Never had trouble with maintenance and the quality was always the best out of every machine I worked with.

I would love to hear which one you decide on and how it works out for you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back