RICOH C7100x or XEROX Versant 80 - few questions

New to forum.
Currently comparing and trying to decide between:
- Ricoh C7110sx / C7100s
- Xerox Versant 2100 / Verdant 80 press
- KM Bizhub C1100 / C1085
About to schedule 2nd visit for more of a hands-on test on ea device.
Does anyone recommend a test routine that can help expose potential fault points with any of these devices based on your experience? (calibration, registration, jams, etc.)

New to forum.
Currently comparing and trying to decide between:
- Ricoh C7110sx / C7100s
- Xerox Versant 2100 / Verdant 80 press
- KM Bizhub C1100 / C1085
About to schedule 2nd visit for more of a hands-on test on ea device.
Does anyone recommend a test routine that can help expose potential fault points with any of these devices based on your experience? (calibration, registration, jams, etc.)

You seem to be comparing presses in very different volume ratings and prices. You can buy a Ricoh C9100 for less than a KM C1100. We just went through a similar decision. We ended up with 2 versant 2100's mostly because of better service than the other companies. So far we have been very happy with them. Excellent reliability and image quality. We came from a Ricoh 901 and 651 and these are a huge upgrade in terms of reliability and image quality. I thought the 2100 was well worth the extra cost over the 80.

As far as test routine I would recommend a solid very light 4 color grey over the full sheet. It will expose many defects in image quality. For registration just put crop marks on the sheets and print a lot of them. When done spot check front to back. Then take the full pile to the cutter and cut through the mark and you will be able to see any variation. For jams you really just have to run thousands of sheets. One thing to try is opening a door while printing and see how hard it is to unjam when paper is stopped everywhere.

You seem to be comparing presses in very different volume ratings and prices. You can buy a Ricoh C9100 for less than a KM C1100. We just went through a similar decision. We ended up with 2 versant 2100's mostly because of better service than the other companies. So far we have been very happy with them. Excellent reliability and image quality. We came from a Ricoh 901 and 651 and these are a huge upgrade in terms of reliability and image quality. I thought the 2100 was well worth the extra cost over the 80.

As far as test routine I would recommend a solid very light 4 color grey over the full sheet. It will expose many defects in image quality. For registration just put crop marks on the sheets and print a lot of them. When done spot check front to back. Then take the full pile to the cutter and cut through the mark and you will be able to see any variation. For jams you really just have to run thousands of sheets. One thing to try is opening a door while printing and see how hard it is to unjam when paper is stopped everywhere.

First of all, thank you for the reply.
Currently we have a Ricoh 901 and a 900 and looking for two replacements.
- From Xerox I like what I've seen from the Versant 2100 and have thought to pair it with a 80 press for redundancy (Envelope printing a plus for us)
- Ricoh service has been quite good for us, do stop by quite often but they do keep us running. Clear/White and long sheet/banner capabilities I find intriguing not yet sure is the road I want to follow.
- KM have little to no experience with these devices, will need to schedule a closer look.
- GBC, folding and booklet maker are a must for us as well.

What is the extra cost for consumables (gloss and opaque white) I'm sure it isn't included in your contact.
Does anyone run envelopes on this? If so what size, substrate, etc.? How do they look and run?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back