Riso Inkjet

I am in the NY/NJ area and am being offered a Riso comcolor 70/9050 for what seems to be a reasonable price for the machine and ..02 per color copy the first year and then .03 the following years service and supplies (no minimums). do you think thisis a good deal? Thank you.

I've seen the output of the com color series and can think of 0 of my current customers that would accept it. I had some riso products in the past and the service wasn't great, but it was the old style duplicators and not the inkjet stuff...

Don't know what they want for machine but you can get a decent KM box that has a near 0.05 click for oversize that will allow you to two-up (yielding a LTR rate of 0.025) and be better quality.

Just my two cents

what are you planning to print on it? did you see the quality out of it?

I am in the NY/NJ area and am being offered a Riso comcolor 70/9050 for what seems to be a reasonable price for the machine and ..02 per color copy the first year and then .03 the following years service and supplies (no minimums). do you think thisis a good deal? Thank you.

You certainly can't beat the pricing on Riso's inkjet systems. Inkjet does offer some advantages over toner as well. Envelopes for one.

What is the app?

What is the app?

The key to a Riso IJ is the application. They call it Comcolor because it offers communication color. Where color is important but not critical. If you are doing direct marketing, transactional and transpromo. It is a great fit. It is designed for Versatile paper stocks (up to 410gsm & enevelopes), Reliability (hundreds of thousands of pages between service calls) and productivity (up to 146ppm). If your clients wants laser output then that is what they want. But if they need low cost reliable color it will be the best fit. Also if you ever thought about buying a roll fed inkjet like the Versamark. This is a great way to step into that market. 1446ppm with similar look and feel for about $50K and they can be clustered (146ppm-292ppm-438ppm etc).

I think the other posts are great insight, but you are talking apples & oranges when you compare it to a KM, Ricoh, cannon or any laser device.

Application

Application

Depending on what you will be using the comcolor for is the big question ? Very reliable, cost effective product if you don't need to print on glossy/coated stocks or need the Konica-Minolta type output. This machine will handle a wide variety of substrates including envelopes , 120-150ppm, small footprint , low power usage, and very environmentally friendly solution.

We bought a comcolor 7050, initially to make envelopes, letterhead, tax receipts, block orders, but then tried on various media, we realized that the machine offers much more than you think, does not print on glossy paper but on everything else the quality is excellent, I printed a brochure with three doors on recycled paper with 320 gr., impeccable quality, no cracking paper, sheets and lying perfectly (not like the machines toner leaving curved). Certainly no one in doubt that machines toner offer higher quality, but on some maps as the uncoated hard to choose, I would say that on these maps is much closer to offset printing.

agreed

agreed

I run all kinds of paper stocks also and the comcolor looks good and runs extremely well also

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back