Screen angle finder

Thanks Kristian, but I need a screen angle finder ( to determine the screen angles for CMYK and spot colors )

I do. But can't send it you, it's hand held.... sorry. One of those left over jewels from the film days...

Here, try this. These all use the horizontal as the orgin (or 0º angle)

Attachments

• screenAngle finder.pdf
    216.8 KB · Views: 273
You may try this one. It's a ruler I made for my trainees a long time ago. Now, we have a CTP and this file is becoming useless. If you have a CTF, you just have to print the PDF. It's not perfect but I hope that it will be of some help.

Attachments

• TypoRuler.pdf
    157.5 KB · Views: 260
Screen frequency finder... not quite what you asked

Screen frequency finder... not quite what you asked

This is a screen frequency finder that I wrote (by hand...) quite a few years back. I can't seem to find the file for a screen angle finder, sorry! Feel free to use this as you like - basically you just need to rip/print it on film and overlay it on your printed work or plate.

I'll let you know if I can find the other file.

Kevin.

Attachments

• ScreenFinder-3.EPS.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 225
We had one at the old service bureau i used to work at, it looks like a clear protractor, with a clear rod attached to the flat side a the center, you move the clear rod thru the 180 degrees of the protractor and within the clear rod the straight lines will appear when the rod is at the correct angle. (black is almost always 45, magenta 75, cyan 15 and yellow 90 or 105, hope this helps sorry cant find an image of it

You may try this one. It's a ruler I made for my trainees a long time ago. Now, we have a CTP and this file is becoming useless. If you have a CTF, you just have to print the PDF. It's not perfect but I hope that it will be of some help.

Hi, I have just tried to place this in a indesign file to print, (we are fully ctp so am ganging it up to have film output elsewhere) but it is password protected.

Would you be so kind as to share the password - please :)

Cheers
Wendy

Hi Wendy,
Sorry, I don't remember the password but here is the same file without any protection. By the way, you can print the previous one directly from Acrobat without problem but I guess that you are going to make some "manual" imposition in InDesign…

Attachments

• typoruler.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 226
Hi Wendy,
Sorry, I don't remember the password but here is the same file without any protection. By the way, you can print the previous one directly from Acrobat without problem but I guess that you are going to make some "manual" imposition in InDesign…

I can't open this file in Acrobat CS3, I get a corrupted file and/or wrong encoding warning.

best, gordo

Gordon,

Thierry's initial post in page 1 contains the correct file about 160k in size. Thierry, thanks for sharing.

Hi Wendy,

Hi Thierry,

Thank you so much for reposting the file. :)
I can't open this one at all. It says it is corrupt.:(

Yes I did want to do a manual imposition of it, We no longer have film output capabilities, so I was going to manually impose it and have it output to film elsewhere.

Cheers
Wendy

Oups! Sorry for this. I didn't check the file after the upload. I just made a new updated version and I compressed it in zip format. I hope it will work this time…

Attachments

• TypoRuler.pdf.zip
    146.3 KB · Views: 222
Hey Thierry,

Thanks for the TypoRuler, but can you provide a little instruction on how to use it?

CHeers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back