Security printing

Stressed

Hi everyone - here's a challenge for the experts out there…

I'm trying to find a way of producing an 'anti-photocopy' pattern in our prints. We use Xerox digital presses and would like to stop people photocopying work we have produced.

We currently have some stock paper that is litho printed and looks like a grey paper. Our client would like something that is less grey and ideally is hidden in the text or image.

Does anyone know of any system or technique that we could use?

Thanks

Search the forum or web for keywords such as “void” or “pantograph” or “void pantograph”.

Sadly, I don’t know of such a thing as a digital “fugitive toner”!

Some digital print processes like the Kodak Nexpress can offer a security such as red fluorescing dry ink.

Stephen Marsh

I know Xerox has built some security features into their variable software (VIPP). Not sure if you have asked Xerox about this, but I would start there.

Dear Sir,

We have the variable anti-copy solution, it means the hidden text is variable. Comparing with static content, such as COPY, VOID...etc., the variable hidden text have more secure usage. We have tested on the Xerox , the final printing effect is good. please see attachment sample for your reference. Haiyaa has many security solution based on VDP and digital printing, anti-copy is one of them.

Note: Due to printhead and paper issue, sometimes th dot gain will be deformed, so we embed a micro adjustment option for background and foreground density separately in this module to guarantte humen eye can't see hidden text on the original printout. If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Haiyaa Anti-copy Sample
http://www.haiyaatech.com/support/download/temp/doc/HAIYAAAnti-copyeffect.pdf

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back