Select set 5000

adarfeen

Dear Sir,

We have Select Set 5000 since last 3yrs, works fine, but last week it give me error 28 during booting, and also don't image data on film, some times when image comes it looks like zigzag or lines on the film.
we also notice that the laser is on the drum when we image on 1200 dpi and when use 2400/3600 res. the laser has not shown on the drum. Any suggestion or help is welcome., kindly help....and suggest.

Best Regards
Adnan

this is not the user code error, also not written in user guide
errors are listed till error no. 25, above that errors are technical.

please suggest.

also we have noticed that when:

1. we choose 1200 dpi the laser is shown on the drum.

2. we choose 2400/3600 dpi the laser has not shown on the drum.

On 1200 dpi the machine test imaged like thin/missing lines on the film.

kindly suggest and help.

Regards

Adnan

Never met 28 error.
1. Possible Spot Changer jam.
2. Possible RF module problem if missing lines.
Don't think somebody else could help you without real visit on-site.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

The tech guy who is visiting me is saying that possibly these errors are due to the motherboard, he is still not sure and asking me to arrange that. can you please guide that:

1. if these errors relate to motherboard.
2. how can we check the motherboard.?

kindly suggest, i am the only one with this machine in the city, the tech guy don;t have spares, kindly help.

Regards
Adnan

Adnan, you want professional help for free - that's unfair and unreal.
Call AGFA tech support.
You need AGFA FSE on-site with some parts in his toolcase for diagnostics.

As already mentioned... you need a Technican who knows the SS5000.
Error 28 is a NVRAM Error , there are all Params stored. Can´t remember if that NVRAM is solded to the motherboard...Question also is : Is there still a new motherboard available.. I don´t think so because that SelectSet Serie is already moren than 10 Years out of production...

NVRAM DALLAS- like (with lithiun battery inside), set in the socket.
Coul be replaced and params downloaded by experienced serviceman. Period.

Dear Vlad,

This is where the confusion is, i am the only one with this model, after doing some tech checking he suggest me that this is the MB problem, he is still not sure about it, i am not looking for the free tech support, i am asking for the HELP. Just help. we have replaced the NVRAM about one year later, because its pins are accidentally broke. As mentioned by TechDoc arrangement of new MB is also a luck by chance.

Regards

Adnan

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back