Something for large envelopes? (4c)

n2_space

We are looking into something that can print variable 4 color envelopes at least 9x12, and perhaps 10x13 (#10's as well). Seems you either have lower end inkjet/toner based systems (oki/xante/memjet) or offset. Any advice in this area where we can look?

No problems with envelopes

No problems with envelopes

I have a KM c1070 with optional modified fuser unit to accommodate for thicker envelopes. I ran 9 x 12, 10 x 13 and #10's all in the last couple of days. Quality is near offset press, just slight sheen from toner, which can be kept to a minimum by selecting Fogra Unct'd. profile. I ran 500 #10's yesterday afternoon and lost 1. It was just a hair too magenta and had to donate it to the recycle bin.

RISO X1 system prints on envelopes of many sizes - done 6 x 9, 10 x 13, #10s and window. Very cheap to operate. Quality not offset-like but acceptable for folks used to ink jet look.

We do VDP envelopes on our Xante Impressia all the time.

I looked into that one a little, it looks remarkably like the Pitney Bowes DP40s we have. I wonder if they are the same box with newer and better internals? The dp40s has been nothing but headaches for us, if improved it might be a solution.

Xerox Versant 2100 will do it, so will the Xerox Colorpress 800/1000. We run them all the time on our Versant 2100

-MailGuru

Everyone is commenting how good they are running envelopes with quality near offset but what about bleeds?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back