SP9900 on Win7

caveman

Hello people,

I experience major problems with the Epson driver (I guess) on Win7. The driver is for SP9900 and is the latest available I could find (6.62) for Win7 32bit. I also have the printer updated to the latest firmware. The problem is that the printing procedure is veeery slow. 5 minutes will pass from choosing print in PS for example until the menu appears. And it is the same when trying to choose the settings in the driver. You hit a button and it responds after quite some time. The same thing happens with other applications also (Acrobat for example) but also when you try to print a simple test page from the printer in control panel. Another printer (a Xerox laser) is working with no problems at all. Of course the same goes for the PC when no printing is involved.
Has anyone experienced (and solved) something similar??

thank you in advance

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back