Spectrophotometer re-certification

Colorblind

Hi, I have a X-Rite DTP-45 I've been using for 2 1/2 years now. I'm thinking of sending it back for re-certification. Does anyone knows exactly what X-Rite does in the re-certification process and how often that should be done? Thank you for your input.

Spectro

Spectro

I did this last year... They send you back a new calibration strip with your unit. I think it says on there how long you should go before re-certification.

Hi, I have a X-Rite DTP-45 I've been using for 2 1/2 years now. I'm thinking of sending it back for re-certification. Does anyone knows exactly what X-Rite does in the re-certification process and how often that should be done? Thank you for your input.

They'll clean and analyze components, repair if necessary (at an additional charge), update traceability to national standards...in the case of the DTP-45 I believe they issue a new calibration strip. They recommend every 12 months for recert. If you operate a clean environment, you might be able to get more life between re-certifications. We purchase Lab ref cards and compare measurements to those provided. Caveat is that some devices measure differently on the substrate/gloss of the Lab ref cards. We have a DTP-41 and have used the Lab ref card with it. It measures closely to the supplied values so we have delayed recertification, which isn't cheap, particularly if you ave a lot of instruments.

They'll clean and analyze components, repair if necessary (at an additional charge), update traceability to national standards...in the case of the DTP-45 I believe they issue a new calibration strip. They recommend every 12 months for recert. If you operate a clean environment, you might be able to get more life between re-certifications. We purchase Lab ref cards and compare measurements to those provided. Caveat is that some devices measure differently on the substrate/gloss of the Lab ref cards. We have a DTP-41 and have used the Lab ref card with it. It measures closely to the supplied values so we have delayed recertification, which isn't cheap, particularly if you ave a lot of instruments.

Second what meddington says; X-Rite certifies for one year. As they're certified calibrated instruments, if you're ISO9001, you've got to have a way of re-certifying them. In the UK we get to send them back to Switzerland, which takes about a month and costs quite a lot. I will say they are very thorough, the last densitometer sent back got a board repair, new ceramic "spot", upgraded firmware, etc. etc. As meddington says, stretch the period out to a couple of years by re-certifying yourself (assuming no problems) with reference cards. Just don't try to buy them from X-Rite - they sent us the wrong ones three times in a row last time we tried to order!

Steph, Call Mike Hamilton at Ernest and Green, we sent 2 to him for repair and re certification, I believe he sends them to an Xrite center in Ontario.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back