The Spin - The Reality

Cory Smith

071-The-Spin-The-Reality.png

A good pre-press person would get the facts from both sides!

The best pre-press staff are ones that understand the Press as well as pre-press.

Last edited:
Would you also say that the best press staff are ones that understand prepress as well the press?
gordo

Yes I would. One thing I should have added would be for the best staff to understand all aspects of production or know where to go to get the correct information. This includes Bindery as well.

In printing, you need to see where you are, where you were, and where you are going. Behind me the job was in sales/design. Now the job is in prepress. Ahead of me the job is going to press, then bindery/finishing.
Gordo has a very good explanation for this, with a test that he uses, and posted on here some time ago.

-Sev

”It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you don’t know where you are, and if you don’t know where you are, then you don’t know where you’re going. And if you don’t know where you’re going, you’re probably going wrong .” Terry Pratchett (I shall wear midnight, 2010)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back