The verdict? KM c8000 v Xerox 1000

Whygen

Now the dust has settled from Ipex - just wondered what the genral concensus was?
Does the Xerox justify its extra cost? if so where does it win out? Or does the KM punch above its weight and win the bout? Has anybody taken delivery of the KM? and if so hows it performing? Thoughts....

I'm currently in the market for a larger digital press to replace my two KM 6500's. I am hoping to make this purchase somewhere in the beginning of the fourth quarter. The earliest scheduled date I could get out of Konica to even SEE the 8000 was July 20th. I have no idea what they are thinking, or why they would market this machine like this, they really need to pull their heads out of their asses.

As far as the Xerox 800/1000, I have sent some of my files out to be tested and received samples back from my rep. They are absolutely gorgeous to be honest.....but all of that comes at a price. The click cost is substantially higher then what I currently pay, not to mention the price of the machine itself.

When Konica lets me see the 8000, and submits a firm price....then I'll ramp up my research a little bit and determine where I'm at. Anyone else seen the 8000 and actually laid their hands on it?

I spoke with a KM rep earlier this week about the 8000, and apparently the only one that's been manufactured is the one displayed at IPEX. No other machines have been produced, not even for demo showrooms. That machine has been relocated to Philadelphia now for demo purposes, which means prospective customers would have to travel, if need be, to see it. He also said they would eventually be installing one in Atlanta and Dallas for demo models. Delivery timeframes are somewhere around October.

Hope this helps.

I spoke with a KM rep earlier this week about the 8000, and apparently the only one that's been manufactured is the one displayed at IPEX. No other machines have been produced, not even for demo showrooms. That machine has been relocated to Philadelphia now for demo purposes, which means prospective customers would have to travel, if need be, to see it. He also said they would eventually be installing one in Atlanta and Dallas for demo models. Delivery timeframes are somewhere around October.

Hope this helps.

See...I'm being fed a COMPLETELY different story by my rep. They are telling me there is one at their "customer engagement center" in Ramsey, NJ that I may demo in a few weeks....interesting....

Hope this helps.

We have national support in Japan on training so it would be a well traveled machine.

Km8000

Km8000

So funny. Actually there are about 8 of them being tested in the United States and until that is done they will not release them. I dont think that you get to demo them either until that is done.

Has anybody managed to ascertain the quality off these 2 machines? - the samples I got from Ipex looked good but were the standard "print friendly" images that manufacturers use to best show off the quality of their presses.

The comparison doesn't make too much sense as long as the machines are from different class. I haven't seen "real" samples from c8000, but I've seen from 800/1000. X800 impressed me alot (test files, 50% solids, single&mixed).

whoever got told there is 1 x C8000 in the world got fed a heap of BS. Pre Productions devices by the dozens would be in the world now. Someone fed you some BS id say. My bet is there would be several beta tester customers running the machines under NDA's.

As a KM dealer, I have two demos setup for the C8000 for customers the first week of July in Ramsey. Additionally we are scheduled to receive a C8000 for our showroom mid-August as part of their EAP program.

KM C8000 -- Value for money!!! If you have too much money want to throw away, go for Xerox C800/C1000. KM C8000 -- no matter of Quality, consistance, technology & pricing are far beyond Xerox X800/1000. The only reason still use Xerox -- RICHMAN!!!!!!!

I currently own 2 Konica 8000 presses. we are very happy with them, except we are not happy with the Fiery Rip. Fiery still has some issues, The Fiery just shuts down with a fatal error. Fiery is working in this right now., We have direct contact with Fiery trying to resolve the issue. the 8000 run 130# cover duplex very nice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back