Time to upgrade from docucolor 242. Please help me make a decision.

Hello,

We are getting to the point where our lease is almost up on our xerox 242 and from everything I've seen there is no reason we should not upgrade. (cheaper machine with more capabilities etc)

The thing I have found to give me the best bang for my buck seems to be a Canon ImageRunner Advance C9065. We can get a great deal on the machine with a high capacity feeder, finisher, bigger rip.

All we print is short run 13x19 100# cover. Full color both sides. Our volume is pretty small 5 - 10k per month. Things we are looking for is increased speed, less interaction with the machine (loading and unloading, thats why the larger feeder is appealing). Possible variable data printing. Also, increasing or maintaining the print quality is important.

Ive heard good things about the Imagepress C6000, but have not heard much about the Imagerunner. I would try to talk the owners into the higher end machine, but from everything I'm seeing is our volume cant justify the cost.

Currently our xerox is just the base machine with no finisher or feeder, the ImageRunner 9065 we can get for cheaper then we are currently paying, and seems to be a superior machine. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this machine running heavier stocks like we have, and how well it preforms. Can someone recommend anything else?

Thanks in advance!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back