To CtP or not to CtP

Manprint

Hello my brother and i are on the verge of buying a CtP machine. But we have NO clue of what we need -meaning computers, software, RIPs etc-. We think that a B2 max size is suited to our needs.

Thank you in advance
Spyros

To be honest since our printing mass is as much as one print per day -or less and yes this is Greece-, we hope with CtP to raise up the amount of prints as it is cheaper to use CtP than old style film. As for money I`ve no idea so i am trying to pool as much info i can get to make up a plan.

You have no idea ... why do you stay in this business? Just a hobby? One print per day? Have you ever consider to go digital? VDP maybe?

To be honest since our printing mass is as much as one print per day -or less and yes this is Greece-, we hope with CtP to raise up the amount of prints as it is cheaper to use CtP than old style film. As for money I`ve no idea so i am trying to pool as much info i can get to make up a plan.

You need to figure out how much it now costs to deliver a printing plate to the pressroom using your film workflow.
You (or a vendor) can use that information to figure out how much it would cost to deliver a printing plate to the pressroom their CtP. You can also see how many plates per day that you would have to use to cost justify the investment in CtP.
Are you exposing your own film or buying it outside? Would you consider buying your printing plates from an outside service bureau?

best, gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back