Transparent Black

Luiszvd

Been having some problems with transparent blacks in illustrator cs5 files. I only pick it up once the pdf generated in illustrator, goes though the rip or in acrobat with overprint preview. Although in some cases the black artwork involved some whites, I did check for overprint white, which was not the case. These files come from outside customers which makes it all the more difficult to track down the problem.

what PDF export are you using - ? Hopefully, PDF/X-1a would flatten any 'transparency settings' should you have an old outdated steam powered RIP, but assuming you are all ship shape and have a brand spanking new PDF RIP, you might try exporting to PDF/X-4 and see if this resolves you problem !

Good luck, and let us know if this helps !

I had it set on exporting to PDF/X-3 and for some reason I was geting that transparency on my black, so I changed it to PDF/X-4 asyou sugested, and that sorted out the problem. So the thank you very much for the tip Michael.:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back