trapping for 1bit tiff images

raj9469

Hi friends!!

Thanks once again for your kind co-ordination and help.
Once again i have stuck in a problem, that i cant give trapping for 1 bit tiff images in illustrator. I would be very thankful to all of you if any solution u give me.

Regards
Rajpurohith

Trapping is usually done in the RIP. What version of illustrator are you using? There might be somone who knows of a plug-in that may work for that. Probably Esko (don't have it but seems to be what comes up in trapping and packaging threads)?

You can actually make a "false" trapping using an "outer glow" on an object with multiply setting and pulling the sliders right, think that would work even for a bitmap.

Last edited:
hi

i am using Illustrator CS4.

but image has very complex design and customer wants exact impression which needs a trapping. some details would be lost while tracing. One option is there in micromedia Freehand (while printing separations) but not particularly 1 bit tiff images, we can use it for the pms color used for the image. But Artwork is done in Illustrator and converting it to freehand is a messy thing.

My believe is there must be a plugin for the illustrator which gives the same.

Regards
Raj

Photoshop can trap images. If everything you need to trap is 1-bit images at the same resolution, just open them all, convert to grayscale, then if they're the same dimensions, you can choose "merge channels" from the menu of the channels palette, and get a multi-channel or CMYK image. Then choose trap from the menu. If you have more than just 1-bit images at the same resolution, and no spot inks are involved, save a PDF from Illustrator, then open with Photoshop to rasterize the whole thing (turn off anti-aliasing). If you have spot inks, print separations to PDF, then open them in grayscale mode in Photoshop, then merge channels.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back