Udirect vs DesignMerge

jrsc

Does anybody have any experience using both of these two programs and can recommend one or the other. I've been able to find much more information on Udirect then DesignMerge.

I have used Udirect a little 4 -5 years ago but don't know what has changed since. On XM Pie's website it lists for $4500

I have been trying to install the demo of DesignMerge and the installer fails every time on two computers so I have not been able to try it out yet. Also I have no idea what the price is because it's not listed on their website.

Currently I have Fusion Pro. It works ok but I would rather have something that the variable data can be done directly in InDesign instead of Acrobat. Udirect would probably work well but is more money then I want to spend. From reading on here it looks like DesignMerge is closer in price to Fusion Pro but there doesn't seem to be very many users giving opinions on it.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back