Utilizing JDF Information

CSimpson

This is what I would like to do, and I am sure it can be done. I want to drop a PDF/JDF file into a folder do some things to such as color conversion and imposing based off of the JDF information then I would like to automatically send it to a printer.

What I want to know is if the JDF file says page 3 is on blue paper how do I pass that information to a printer that doesn't read JDF? Is there a way for something like Acrobat to read the JDF and use the print driver to create an exception page for the color pull? How do I pass the copy count? Basically what I am asking is if the print controller doesn't understand JDF how can I create and send a postscript file with the proper print instructions embedded in it which were derived from the JDF file?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back