Variable data printing

OSS

Hi

Can anyone explain me what is variable data printing (like barcode / serial number / scratch card etc) how it supports in Packaging carton..

Before printing or after printing how it works..

For eg i have a packaging carton job which needs serial number for scratch card.. Its a illustrator file.. How i will add variable datas in my illustrator file and how it gets apply on the job that means after printing or before printing..

Kindly clarify and let me know which is the best software for data variable printing in carton boxes..

regards

Your artwork should have place reserved for the VDP.
Variable data printing is done after filling the boxes or whatever the package is made of.
Mostly this is done by inkjet systems like Domino or Eagle.
These systems print the barcode and if needed any readable code/text on the cartons.
I hope this is what you needed to hear.
Why don't you ask the company that does the filling? They can help you out with this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back