Versant 180 Envelope Color Nightmare

Another print shop near us has been sending jobs over to us because they are having a similar issue on their V80. The techs say they have run out of solutions. They are pretty frustrated.

Another print shop near us has been sending jobs over to us because they are having a similar issue on their V80. The techs say they have run out of solutions. They are pretty frustrated.
It's odd because it's happening on both the V180s. Wondering if maybe it is software related. Do you know if they have a log open with engineering. Maybe us opening a case as well could get it pushed to priority

It's odd because it's happening on both the V180s. Wondering if maybe it is software related. Do you know if they have a log open with engineering. Maybe us opening a case as well could get it pushed to priority
For the first time in 2 years I have a drum on my Versant 280 that has gotten down to 25% of life before I needed to replace it. They have been failing at around 65%-90% of life left. So I wouldn’t hold my breath for Xerox to be looking into any type of machine/software failures that may be occurring. There is no fix for the 2nd BTR early failure and I don’t think there ever will be. I’m grateful that I have a good dealer helping me keep this thing running but it’s very frustrating and time consuming.

The Versant line could be great and it's a very productive machine but Xerox has seemingly abandoned it and so will I when my lease is up.

This is how it looks on ours. Not the absolute worst but you can see the modelling

1682700711211.png

Sorry very hard to make out on that, can you describe your issue better. Is it just an uneven cyan?

Do you have any updates on this case? I am encountering the same issue and was looking for a solution.
Never really got a solution. Had them replace the BTR and several other components, had them downgrade to a previous software version, had a bunch of other attempted solutions...only ever got a marginal improvement.

Gave up and bought a ColorMax8 for our envelope needs. So far so good.

Have you made a custom stock profile for this card and set the image transfer adjustment? also what stock is it?

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back