Versant 80 13" x 26" finisher error.

DYP

On our Versant 2100 I have no problem printing 13" x 26" sheets, but I have a friend with a Versant 80 with XLS option installed on the Fiery that gets a finisher error.. Is any one successfully printing 13" x 26" sheets with the Versant 80.

This is what he reports.

When I leave the Output Tray set to Auto, I get this error:

Output Tray is not installed.

When I change the Output Tray to either Top Tray or Finisher Tray, I get this error:

Output Tray does not support selected Media.

The finisher is the booklet maker. Hard to believe no one out there running the Versant 80 with booklet maker and the XLS option installed that can't print 13 x 26. I wonder why?

Had a chance to look at the Versant 80 today and found you can't set 26" on the engine. My guess there is a NVM to enable this. Anyone know what it is?

Where did you get the oversize option? I understand it is purchased separately but must be buried on xerox website.

Where did you get the oversize option? I understand it is purchased separately but must be buried on xerox website.

Right now because the Versant 80 engine can not select 26" paper size the XLS option for the Fiery won't do you any good. There must be some software/firmware or just an NVM that needs set on the 80 to select and print 26" sheets but no one in the USA seams to know what that is and no one else that knows in the rest of the world is talking.

Its not a valid option in the US market. Only the rest of the world! Hopefully that will change but for now it won't work even with the XLS license as the software for the accessories won't accept it. The US market uses a different firm ware.

Hi DYP,
what Finisher are you running on your V80?
On V80 the XLS is only supported with Business Ready Finisher or Offset Catch Tray.

Kind regards

Hi DYP,
what Finisher are you running on your V80?
On V80 the XLS is only supported with Business Ready Finisher or Offset Catch Tray.

Kind regards

I have never seen any non USA brochure/documentation that states this. Where are you getting this information from, CED or somewhere else.

They have a D4 with booklet maker on their V80. I have a D4 here on the V2100 and I can print 26" sheets just fine. The V2100 Stock Manger Library allows setting 26" while the V80 engine does not.

I can't see how Fuji/Xerox can sell these to the rest of the world with 660mm only available with the Business Ready Finisher or Offset Catch Tray and then advertise that it can print 660mm and not state that it only works with Business Ready Finisher or Offset Catch Tray in their brochures.

How many clicks are you getting charged for the 13x26?

One click. But man is it slow. I will have to admit that it registers better than expected, but you can't duplex.

According to the Fiery, it only runs about 10 PPM, when running 26" paper.

One click. But man is it slow. I will have to admit that it registers better than expected, but you can't duplex.

According to the Fiery, it only runs about 10 PPM, when running 26" paper.

What finisher do you have on your V80?

V2100 is outputting the XLS to the top tray of either HCS or D4 Finisher.
The difference between V2100 and V80 is the distance between the fuser and the Interface Module.
At a V2100 there sits a cooling module between fuser and interface module.
The interface module contains a decurler which "pulls" the sheet.
When you have an interface module on a V80 (which is mandatory for anything else than BR Finisher and Offset Catch Tray) the long sheet would still be in the fuser when the interface modules starts to pulls the leading edge and you would create a jam.
Thats the simple explanation why it is like it is ...

V2100 is outputting the XLS to the top tray of either HCS or D4 Finisher.
The difference between V2100 and V80 is the distance between the fuser and the Interface Module.
At a V2100 there sits a cooling module between fuser and interface module.
The interface module contains a decurler which "pulls" the sheet.
When you have an interface module on a V80 (which is mandatory for anything else than BR Finisher and Offset Catch Tray) the long sheet would still be in the fuser when the interface modules starts to pulls the leading edge and you would create a jam.
Thats the simple explanation why it is like it is ...

That is a very good point that I never though of before but why is that not mentioned in any brochure where it states 660mm? What does the CED say?

That is a very good point that I never though of before but why is that not mentioned in any brochure where it states 660mm? What does the CED say?

Brochure is not mentioning the 660 sheet size at all ... (at least at the V80)
Regarding the CED there is an Addendum for XLS where all the possible feeding and finishing combinations are listed.

On our Versant 2100 I have no problem printing 13" x 26" sheets, but I have a friend with a Versant 80 with XLS option installed on the Fiery that gets a finisher error.. Is any one successfully printing 13" x 26" sheets with the Versant 80.

This is what he reports.

When I leave the Output Tray set to Auto, I get this error:

Output Tray is not installed.

When I change the Output Tray to either Top Tray or Finisher Tray, I get this error:

Output Tray does not support selected Media.
how did you get the XLS feature on your 2100?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back