What Should We Do ?

fouad

Hello,

We currently print around​ 200k (A4/A3/Envelopes) in house using Konica Minolta machines. We are outsourcing all the business cards (around 50 x 1000 Business cards), all the brochure/booklets (12-24 pages around 500 copies/Booklet and we do around 4 per month) PS: We can't do that on Konica since the Booklets are horizontally designed and longer than SRA3.
Also we outsource 1 magazine of 86 pages (3000 Copies per month).

We took the decision to do all the work in house, What do you suggest? Which Machines?
And if you think its hard to do the magazine on digital printer we can keep on outsourcing it.

We use a lot of UV on Business Cards, Booklets, Brochures.

Regards,
Fouad

find out what machines you out source to use, find out how much they cost and what the staff requirements are. . .laugh, and then be happy that you have companies that apparently meet your needs that you can out source to. if anything, find one of those products that you mention that your profit isn't great on and see if there's a machine out there that you can get that will cover that one need.

Thanks for your help. Well, i was checking the iGen4, but my question is that the 3000 magazine 84 pages each will also be printed on an offset right? cost its not cheap to print it on iGen

You are correctct in that your 3000 issue magazine will most likely need to still be printed offset. If there is not much color in the magazine, you could probably come somewhere near break even on producing it on the iGen in just straight clicks and paper, but it will also take up probably somewhere close to 24 hours of total run time from your iGen. And thats just a guess off the top of my head. It could easily take much longer. If your wanting to produce your brochures/booklets, your looking at needing to get one of the few machines out there that prints banner prints, which are ricoh, canon, and the iGen. Depending on where you are in the world, the Versant could be added to that list. I don't have any personal experience with any of these machines, but I hear good things about the versant printing envelopes.

Without a doubt the Heidelberg SM52 Anicolor press will take care of it all with the envelope feeder.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back