WHITE vinyl for toner xerox?

Printastic

Hi guys... I been trying to find good quality WHITE vinyl (12x18 or so) for the Xerox toner based printer and all the samples we received a very yellow and then printed looked like garbage. Tried couple major brands. Any suggestions? thanks!

I've used three brands, all very successfully: Xerox, Nekoosa, and Mohawk. Currently, I use the Mohawk (easy for me to get) and I've used removable adhesive vinyl, ultra removable adhesive vinyl and clear adhesive vinyl. Your not talking about non adhesive vinyl are you? If so, I can say almost the same thing- I've used Xerox and Mohawk brand vinyl 10.7 mil, 12 x 18. I can't remember if Nekoosa had vinyl or not.

What Xerox are you running? A C75 will have trouble with solids on 10.7 mil 12x18. You'll need to either run it 9 x 12 or go thinner on the stock. We run membership card and name tags on the vinyl.

I tried one of the brands you mentioned (along with few others) and it looked terribly YELLOW compared to all my paper stocks, had no problem pushing solids though. Thanks!

Hhmm. So what Xerox model are you running? What settings are you using? What material are you using (brand, size, thickness)?

Well, my Xerox model and setting has nothing to do with the yellowish color of the media and my initial question for the whiter adhesive vinyl suggestions, that would work on a toner based machine. And I did not want to name the brands I tried not to be bashing or unreasonable cause it may be perfectly fine for other users (like you said you used it and had no issue with it). Thanks.

no, not really. I did not complain, I asked for a specific help, and stayed on topic. I did not mean to be rude or cut anyone off, if it looks this way I apologies. I was asking for a nice white vinyl material suggestion and still would appreciate any. Some of the materials Keith suggested we tried and not too thrilled with.

This is the picture of one of the brands mentioned above compared to a stock 12pt Carolina cover. I don't want to bash any brand just looking for something brighter and does not look "aged and yellowish" like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 250
Ok, I think I should elaborate on my previous comment. You seemed defensive. First, you can ask anyone on this forum if printer model and settings have anything to do with print results and the answer will be 'yes'. Maybe your model is not rated for adhesive vinyl and that may produce undesirable results. Or the settings can be causing the yellowing. I know on my old 252, I had to run adhesive vinyl on the heavyweight setting. If I used the coated setting, the color would wash out. Weird, I know. On my new C75, I haven't discovered all of it's quirks yet. We got three jobs to do this week on adhesive vinyl so I'll make a note to try the coated setting to see what it does.

As for bashing the material manufacturer? I think you are being overly cautious. As of now, you're not sure if it's the material or the machine. If it is the material, it's not their fault. It just doesn't work on your machine. Nothing wrong with that. Heck, maybe they'll see your post and offer you some free samples and advice to try it again?

sorry for being defensive Keith, not my intent. Please see a picture I posted above. This is one of the brands you mentioned compared to 12pt Carolina paper before it even enters to print. Thanks. I appreciate your help and comments.

Ha! Ha! That's Mohawk brand! I just got some ultra removable adhesive vinyl in today for a job! Now I know why the model and settings of your Xerox doesn't matter... because your talking about the shade of white BEFORE it even goes through your machine! Ha! Ha! What does matter in this case is the brand of paper and the specific line of paper in that brand.

I just took my swatch book of Carolina Cover (I no longer stock it because I hate that blue-white shade) and campared it to the two kinds of Mohawk adhesive vinyl that I have here- Mohawk Pressure Sensitive Removable Adhesive Vinyl, 3.5mil white 12 x 18. I also have a little bit in the Ultra Removable Adhesive and neither one looks yellow compared the Carolina Cover. Call Mohawk. They stand by their product and have been extremely kind and helpful whenever I've had a problem. It looks like you got a sample pack and it looks like it may have been sitting on the shelf forever! I imagine they would gladly send you new samples.

Last edited:
Yes......we've had great results with the GPA vinyl sheets, from 8 to 10 to 14mil rigid product on our iGen 4 Machines.

Looking for a removable adhesive vinyl or fabric that can be used on the xerox 180

I don't know if they will have what you are looking for but we use MGX/Masterpiece Graphics - 636-349-6401 - for vinyl material. We were primarily looking for a waterproof rigid vinyl for restaurant menus but had issues with ink rubbing off. I believe it was because the restaurants were using alcohol-based cleaners and then stacking menus together. They have a variety of synthetic materials, including pressure sensitive. Here's a link to their substrate section: Sheet Substrates by Type - MGX

Ask if they will send you samples to try before you buy. They did for us. They are always looking for new innovations. I haven't tried it yet, but they have a soft-touch product that supposedly helps you skip having to send materials to be finished somewhere else.

My only concern with any vendor is they tell you it has been tested on specific machines - but unless it is in a verified substrate guide from Xerox, Konica Minolta, or whomever you are using - you are risking voiding a maintenance agreement if it damages the machine. You can test it and still not have authenticated approval from the printer manufacturers/

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back