Windows Acrobat/PitStop overprint preview issue

destryer

We are having an issue with the overprint preview in Windows not correctly displaying when the color of "black" type is 0C 0M 0Y 100K. Attached is a screenshot of the effect with the black channel turned off. The color warnings "overprint" also indicates that the type is indeed overprinting.

Attachments

• CropperCapture[33].jpg
    CropperCapture[33].jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 207
Which version of Acrobat, Windows and PitStop? As Zoran said, can you post the PDF or at least this part of it.

PC/Acrobat/PitStop Overprint PREVIEW issue

PC/Acrobat/PitStop Overprint PREVIEW issue

Here's a section of the PDF showing the same section as the screencap. I'm interested if this is a Windows/PC Acrobat issue or PitStop issue or some combination thereof. We use WindowsXP, Acrobat 8 and PitStop 9 on our PCs. I have OSX 10.5, Acrobat 9 and PitStop 9 on my Mac and it displays correctly. I can't find a PC that displays it correctly UNLESS I run a PitStop action to convert solid black to gray then run an action to overprint the text.

Attachments

• 070934_sample.pdf
    717.7 KB · Views: 176
I can confirm Acrobat 9 on my PC displays it as overprinting. Acrobat 8 on another PC shows it as knocking out. Overprint preview is active on both machines.

Thanks for checking, we have seen this is an Acrobat 8 preview issue not a PC OS issue since it happens on both the Mac and PC in Acrobat 8.

Last edited:
yeah, thats the bold type knocking out. Check out the line of type underneath the price thats set to overprint. Even Acrobat 7 shows it overprinting in separations mode, but not 8 for some reason.

Acrobat 8 PS 7 Overprint tab says "overprint" but on the transparency tab "Text knockout" is ticked. Looks as though Transparency wins over Overprint

Here i can see your file in alot of diffirent programs, and your file is OK the smal text is in overprint.
Cant check it in Acrobat lower than 9, But I have imported the file in ArtPro and it also OK there.

this is in my machine, the blue colour is showing what is overprinting.

Cheers
Marcelo

Attachments

• overprint.jpg
    overprint.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 184
There is a checkbox simulate overprint

There is a checkbox simulate overprint

There is a checkbox for simulate overprint in Acrobat (next to ink manager button)
In a PDFx overprint is simulated by default.
See these two images compare the word frozen.
Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 15.24.49.jpgScreen shot 2010-12-21 at 15.24.35.jpg

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back