Windows machine out of center...

kdw75

We have a Windows 7 machine that prints PDFs out of center slightly both directions. I of course thought it was a driver problem, but it does it to multiple printers. Take the same file to another machine and it works fine. We have also tried printing it out of two different programs and both exhibit the same behavior on this machine. Any suggestions on where to look?

Is your page size set correctly in the printing preferences for this PC?

Align to centre?

I only ask as I done this today myself on a little desktop printer and then noticed that my default setting for the print driver on my PC was set to B4 and not A4.

You could also have settings for input and output page size.

Is this a desktop printer or a commercial digi printer?

Cheers.

The page size is 8.5x11 and appears to be set right in Acrobat and Quark, the two programs we have printed from. It is set to centered in the print dialogs. We have printed to an HP Officejet, a Xerox Workcentre and a Xerox Phaser. All of which show the job shifted out of center both vertically and horizontally. Drag the same PDF to a Mac sitting next to it and they print out centered.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back