X-rite densitometer readings to Excel spreadsheets on a Mac

paull

Are any of you porting densitometer readings directly into an Excel spreadsheet on a Mac using a X-rite densitometer? If so, how are you doing it?
Thanks,
Paul L

Re: X-rite densitometer readings to Excel spreadsheets on a Mac

Paul,

I've used a free utility called X-Key that automatically imports densitometric and colormetric data
directly into Excel. It's for PC, not sure if it works with MAC. You can download it from the X-Rite
web site.

ToolCrib. Great little utility.

Now, if they could develop the same thing for the EyeOne.

Eric, what device are you using? I've downloaded ToolCrib 5, but X-Key is not working with my DTP41. I'm using the Windows XP Pro and trying to get info into Excel. Can't find any documentation, is there some detail I'm missing? Any guidance you could provided would be appreciated.

Thanks.

>I've downloaded ToolCrib 5, but X-Key is not working with my DTP41. I'm using the Windows XP Pro and trying to get info into Excel.

Are you able to connect to the instrument, but just not getting X-Key to work?You have to send some commands to the device to get data to Excel. Try this. Click on the Terminal tab and in the text entry box at the bottom, type in "0105cf ", click send, then "0115cf" and click send. This should set the instrument to auto transmit and send back readings when the button is pushed. Click back on the X-Key tab, and select Replace delimiter/separator. Might try relace CRLF with Down. This should get your Lab values into Excel, though perhaps with all LAB in one cell. Might have to play with the Macro feature to get one numeric value per cell.

Thanks Mike. I knew there was some details I was missing. I'll give that I try when I get a chance.

Aside from turning auto transmit on you need to set the data type, correct strip definition and other configuration settings in the configuration tab of ToolCrib.

Not specific to the DTP41 but there is a minor amount of documentation available for ToolCrib here:
http://www.xrite.com/documents/apps/public/helpfiles/ToolCrib_Overview.pdf

Two commercial options:

ColorShop X which has a similar feature to X-Key and allows transmitting data to a foreground application. This works with the i1 also.

Keywizard v2.5 is pc only but works with the i1 as well as other former GM handheld devices.

Thanks Raymond. I was able to get X-Key to work after entering the code Michael had suggested and immediately realized I needed more guidance for configuring strips and data sets, but I haven't had an opportunity to hunt that info down. The PDF in your link helps but I'll need something with more detail on the DTP41.

Wish me luck!

Edited by: GinSu on Jul 29, 2008 2:39 PM--Grammar correction

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back