X700 and a 9" x 12" booklet

P

pmkprog

I am trying to set it up so I can run a 5.5" x 8.5" folded and stapled booklet off this digital press. I can't seem to get the settings to cooperate.
Has anyone done this? I want to use a 9" x 12" press sheet because the book has bleeds. I have the oversized feed tray and the booklet finisher.

If it's anything like CWS and Canon ImagePress you cannot booklet make on odd sized paper; only 8.5 x 11 letter (folds 11 to 5.5 only), 17 x 11 (folds 17 to 8.5 only) and 18 x 12 (folds to 9 x 12). All other press sheet sizes are off limits.

If it has bleeds, you will either have to booklet make offline, or run on 17 x 11 and then three-side trim it.

Set up your pdf file as 8.5x11 with facing pages, set booklet maker to none, select duplex, half fold and staple.

We have a C75 with the Fiery RIP and I am certain that we have done what you are suggesting without issues. I will give it a shot when I get back to work.

@bukeyewta - It has bleeds, so that negates running it at actual size.

@kdw75 - I've been through this recently. If you know a way to run it not one of the sizes I mentioned above, please elaborate. We usually end up running it the odd size, and then booklet make offline.

As luck would have it, I am running a job right now similar to yours. It is a 5.5x8.5 booklet. It has bleeds, so we are running it 13"x18", 2-up, and folding and stitching on the machine. Working great, except that we have to add another staple offline.

I am going to try 9x12 here in a moment.

Last edited:
Ok. Confirmed. I just printed a 9x12 sheet and folded it in half, giving me a 9x6 booklet when done.

what machine, and how did you set it up?

Xerox C75, which from my understanding is a new version of the 700, with a booklet maker finisher, being driven by a Fiery RIP.

I just put in the 9x12" paper, told it to fold it in half, in CW 5, and it worked just fine.

ok. well, I just retried with a new Fiery (CWS 5) on a Canon 6000VP, and re-confirmed with Ray Morgan that on my machine (anyway) you can only booklet make the sizes in my earlier post. Glad the Xerox can do it!

ok. well, I just retried with a new Fiery (CWS 5) on a Canon 6000VP, and re-confirmed with Ray Morgan that on my machine (anyway) you can only booklet make the sizes in my earlier post. Glad the Xerox can do it!

Just a thought. Could it be the finisher that you have? We have the top end one, I have seen it called the booklet maker finisher, and also the production finisher.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back