Xerox 5000 Fiery EXP50 dropping black in text

Higgybw

We have a Xerox 5000 with a Fiery EXP50 rip. We have tried may types (AI,PDF,etc) of files placing them in Indesign as well as creating a pdf from the Indesign file. We are consistently having the black dropped from the text. Has anyone else run into this or have any ideas to a solution.

We have a Xerox 5000 with a Fiery EXP50 rip. We have tried may types (AI,PDF,etc) of files placing them in Indesign as well as creating a pdf from the Indesign file. We are consistently having the black dropped from the text. Has anyone else run into this or have any ideas to a solution.

Change the Settings for the file in command workstation to fix the problem
Disable Image smoothing
Image quality should be normal
Text Graphics quality - Normal

I've actually run into this problem before

To fix it, the best way is to print from Indesign, and make sure you turn on either crop marks or registration marks. They dont necessarily have to print on the page, but just needs to be turned on

I dont know why it works but it just does

Try that

We've not had this problem before but encountered other issues. We print mainly from InDesign to a hold queue on the DC5000. Among other things, there's a bug with the EXP50 software where Text Quality should not be set to High. Also, in InDesign, for some jobs, you might have to turn on Simulate Overprint in the Print dialog box.

That worked! Thank you very much.

We have had numerous discussions with Xerox over this and they had no idea what was causing it or how to fix it. I can`t believe it was something so simple.

Thanks Again!!

Glad to hear that it fixed the problem. Our discussions with Xerox had them pointing the finger to the RIP. We held a technical meeting with EFI analysts where they took away printed samples, test files etc but still can't get anywhere with it. That was 6 months ago. Apparently, this problem has been fixed on their newer RIPs (we have a EX260 that doesn't have this problem).

I just had the Xerox reps in here and we figured out the problem. In the color management settings the ""Black Overprint" option needs to be turned off. You can then use the text / image enhancements.

Based our extensive testing, turning "Black Overprint" off works for some files. The biggest issue is when you set Text Quality at high and go into Impose. When you go into Impose, sometimes the output size changes from printing at 100%. I suspect that it's the FieryOptimized2.joboptions settings (your file gets converted to PDF when you go into Impose) and have suggested that to the EFI guys. This problem only shows up for some files (can't narrow down to specific RIP settings, file types etc) and because of that, our default setting for Text Quality is set to Normal, which is a shame...

We found the most stable way to print is create the imposition is in "Indesign" and send it to print. We used the imposition toool and found it to cause us more problems . We were able print every file we have had an issue with in the last 2 weeks with no irregularities and were able to use all of the image / text quality at the best setting. The reps didn't come right out and say it but they made it clear that "Indesign" is the better choice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back