Xerox 700 booklet with preprinted covers

mvanweer

Thanks in advance for any help anyone my provide.
We were trying to print a booklet that had a cover with bleed. We pre printed the cover, trimmed it down and set it in the post inserter.
We tried to print the booklet ( Saddle Stitch) and designate the covers as either an exception ( no option for tray 8 ) or as an interleave (folds the cover separately), none of which worked.
Does anyone know how to configure the Creo to pull pre printed covers and actually attach them to the booklet?

Under the Execptions tab. Select insert, Select before, type page 1 and select tray 8 and then hit apply and it will show up in the bottom window. That should work.

No options under exception

No options under exception

Under the Execptions tab. Select insert, Select before, type page 1 and select tray 8 and then hit apply and it will show up in the bottom window. That should work.
Thats what I figured, but there is no option for "before", just 'cover', 'middle sheet', and 'inserts'. Also, tray 8 doesn't come up as an option, just tray 1,2,3, and 5. That's one reason we were looking under 'interleaf', which DOES list tray 8. But, when configured, it just spit out the cover folded seperate after it spit out the guts, folded and stitched, of course.
My version of Creo CX700 is 1.5, is there an upgrade We need to download to a later version?

Our creo is version 1.5 service pack 1.

That might be your issue. The service pack is a download from xerox.

SP1 No Help

SP1 No Help

OK, We've Installed SP1, upgraded the print drivers on all the PC's, but we STILL don't have the selections available to pull from tray 8. Any suggestions?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back