Xerox 700 Pricing...in Oz

Quick_Digital

Hi All

This is my first post so bear with me!! I have been reading this site over the past couple of weeks to gather information about the Xerox 700 and KM c6501 pro. I am currently in the market to buy one or the other but had a question regarding pricing.

I am located in Australia and I notice many posters on this site are from USA and Europe but I am hoping there is someone that can help me with some information.

I am mainly concerned with the price I have been quoted on the Xerox 700. I have no idea if it is good, bad or otherwise. I have been priced on the x700 with High Cap Feeder + EFI Fiery for around $121,000. The clicks offered are .095 colour and .0115 b/w any size single click. As part of the deal Xerox have offered to pay out the remainder of our current Xerox lease ammounting to around $18500 but allow us to keep the machine as a back up and will fit it with a booklet finishing unit.

I have noticed some of the prices mentioned in these forums from USA and Europe at around $65k to $80k and figure even with our fairly poor exchange rate and import taxes that the $121k price quoted is too high. I spoke with someone who is just about to get an x700 and he was quoted around $99,000 for same set up except he has pro finisher but no high cap feeder, which I believe is a more expensive option. He has been offered .085 click rate. He is dealing directly with Fuji Xerox as I am not.

It appears they are building the lease payout into the cost of the machine. Does this happen? Is there anyone from Australia that has purchased this machine and if so is the pricing I received about right or far too high.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone who has some knowledge of the pricing.

Cheers

I was just looking at these same machines in the united states. I don't know what the exchange rate is but us should be able to get a loaded up xerox 700 for a under $70,000 US including an external rip, high capacity feeder and light production finisher. And your click rate easily be between .004 and .005 US for any size sheet.

Xerox 700 prices in Australia

Xerox 700 prices in Australia

Quick_Digital

I too am in the same situation....DCP 700 or bizhub 650

The best quote I have had was from Fuji Xerox direct -
DCP700 with 1 drawer high Capacity feeder, C finisher/Booklet Maker, with bustled Fiery Rip.
Click rates: 0.088c Colour, 0.012c B&W
Lease: 60 months - approx $2600pm.
Prices include giving me a DC1100 I have had on lease for approx 2 years.(Clear title)
The DC1100 was costing me $800pm in lease cost.
and taking back a DC450 with about 2 years remaining lease at $950pm.

So In short.... $850pm extra lease cost per month, 50% cheaper colour click costs.

Konica are still to get back to me.

I would be interested to hear what lease costs you were quoted.

Quick_Digital

I too am in the same situation....DCP 700 or bizhub 650

The best quote I have had was from Fuji Xerox direct -
DCP700 with 1 drawer high Capacity feeder, C finisher/Booklet Maker, with bustled Fiery Rip.
Click rates: 0.088c Colour, 0.012c B&W
Lease: 60 months - approx $2600pm.
Prices include giving me a DC1100 I have had on lease for approx 2 years.(Clear title)
The DC1100 was costing me $800pm in lease cost.
and taking back a DC450 with about 2 years remaining lease at $950pm.

So In short.... $850pm extra lease cost per month, 50% cheaper colour click costs.

Konica are still to get back to me.

I would be interested to hear what lease costs you were quoted.

Hi Oz_Print

Sorry i have not responded to your post earlier, I have not been on here to have a look in a while. I think the initial lease offer we received without any negotiating was about $2800. They threw up rediculous click rates of 14c per A3 and 10c per A4 and I pretty much told them that the could stick that offer.

As I work for a Not for Profit organisation we get certain tax breaks which makes purchasing equipment more attractive (to our finance department anyway) After a bit of negotiating we have been made the following offer.

Xerox 700 with 1 high capacity tray, bustled Fiery and Spectrophotometer for about $118,000 with a click of .095 A3 or A4 no double clicks toner inclusive. Depreciated over 60 months this works out at about $1966.00 per month. We get our current rental of a Xerox 5540 paid out and hold the title of the machine and they are going to add a finishing unit to this machine and it will stay with us as a back up. We are also geting some components of the Profit Accelerator software.

It took a while for KM to get back to me with some figures as well but they are fighting pretty hard to win my business and have come back with some decent figures also.

Hope this info helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back