Xerox 700 Printing yellow

sahagin

Hi all,

i have a Xerox 700 with freeflow, and when i print a job usig 100% Y (only yellow) from CMYK, i can see from the preview on freeflow with the picker that it has Magenta like 5% and 95% yellow.

Resulting in a slight darker yellow, i can even see the magenta dots using a magnifying glass.

Is this normal??

thanks

Looks like you have some color management occuring at some stage in your workflow, which is normal by the way. I would start by checking what simulation profile you're using in your rip. Basically, what simulation profile does is tell your Xerox (through it's rip) to simulate the color look of a printing condition/specification (such as SWOP) on your paper output. To achieve that goal, the rip sometimes needs to desaturate the solid colors by limiting solid density and/or adding other ink blends to it. Hope it helps.

I'm using Corel X5, and i use the SWOP v2 color profile in it, on the Freeflow, i guess it uses, if i understand this correctly, on the Color Management, GRACOL 2006 CMYK.

However, ive tryed to change this to another one, or even use embedded profile, with the same results.

My problem with this is that i print a lot of business cards and the logo uses the 100% Y, and i have printed perfet yellow.

I dont know if i changed profiles or so, or if the machine is tricking me.

The question is, what color profile to use to achieve yellow 100%.

Tank you

Its not so much one specific profile, you can use any profile. Each profile is still going to see 100% yellow as 100% yellow, the issue arises when you start using different profiles. ex: You print to pdf using X profile. then the pdf is printed to the Xerox using Y profile.
Your RIP then converts X into Y, resulting in a slightly different colour space.

i print directly from Corel, and i tryed both options:

- Corel corrects colors using profile

- or Xerox

I dont see any diference between them.

Paulo Cardoso

FreeFlow uses a profile to RIP the file to CMYK, whether or not it is CMYK already, and then uses another profile to RIP it to a destination profile that you have made.

You need to print it using pass-through color. Does your FreeFlow have a printer profile in the Advanced Settings tab? It may be called 700 CMYK or similar. Also change the destination to a similarly named setting. You probably have a queue for this already that you use for checking color or calibrations.

I would send it over as a PDF-X and turn on your PDF-X setting on the freeflow server under color management. That will by-pass the server's color management.

FreeFlow uses a profile to RIP the file to CMYK, whether or not it is CMYK already, and then uses another profile to RIP it to a destination profile that you have made.

You need to print it using pass-through color. Does your FreeFlow have a printer profile in the Advanced Settings tab? It may be called 700 CMYK or similar. Also change the destination to a similarly named setting. You probably have a queue for this already that you use for checking color or calibrations.

I just cant understand this whole color management thing. I guess regardless of what profile a choose in Corel, the Freeflow will make is corrections.

So i dont wanna go over every print job a go select the profile under color management. Its currently selected as GRACOL 2006, how can i send a job that doesnt passes trough this step, without having to come on Color Management.

I found that sending via RGB the yellow is more acurate and i cant see the little red dots that i see using the CMYK.

Does Corel have a profile for "Use Printers Color Management". Some people do their color management upstream when they create the file or normalize it for printing. The majority of our files come from the customer so it is easier for us to strip the file of any color management and allow the printer/server to handle it.

Does Corel have a profile for "Use Printers Color Management". Some people do their color management upstream when they create the file or normalize it for printing. The majority of our files come from the customer so it is easier for us to strip the file of any color management and allow the printer/server to handle it.

view.jpgview.jpg

You mean this "Color Conversions Performed by" like on the picture?

What do u mean by "upstream"?

I always try to insert the jobs that i receive to Corel, before printing, mostly because of "Imposition issues".

Also i dont bother to much about colors and stuff, but on the yellow, its one big client of mine whose yellow has to be yellow, and some times it comes a little darker, with 5% magenta.

Yes you want the Color Conversions Performed by Xerox selected. I would also fix your color profile.

It is currently set to US Web Coated. That is a profile designed for printing coated stock on a roll fed web press. You probably want to switch that to gracol as your default. Also your setting to convert spot colors to CMYK I would uncheck that.

Yes you want the Color Conversions Performed by Xerox selected. I would also fix your color profile.

It is currently set to US Web Coated. That is a profile designed for printing coated stock on a roll fed web press. You probably want to switch that to gracol as your default. Also your setting to convert spot colors to CMYK I would uncheck that.

On the Freeflow its Gracol i guess, i dont understand that "color management" thing, however after several tests with the several profile i found that the web coated was the one that gave me te color i intended on yellow and grey. with other profiles if printing say 70% black, the colour is redish or another not pure grey.

However its worth a try.

TK

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back