Xerox DC260 Print Quality Issue

Graphix

Hi,

I have a problem with my xerox dc260 and it has been persisting for atleast 6 months.

When i print a solid colour there is a small fade in colour from the right being fine to the left that is faded. This problem occurs no matter what colour i print.

I have changed all drums, btr and ibt belt... yet the problem persists...

I have 3 xerox machines; 2 dc260 and a 550... not facing any problem with them.... just this machine...

Kindly assist.

It is called an inboard to outboard color shift. Usually caused by a bad developer/developer housing.

It probably is only 1 color that is causing the issue. See if you can localize which one it is so you do not have to change all 4.

To localize the color you should create and run 4 test sheets. 1 of each CMYK color at 100%. You should be able to see what color is causing the saturation shift from 1 side of the sheet to the other. If it is happening to all colors then it is probably a mechanical problem due to a faulty transfer belt or bias that is not putting even pressure down from 1 side to the other.

You will need a toner vacuum, if you don't use a toner vacuum you risk a possible spark/fire and you will just be blowing toner/developer around your shop. You will suck out all the developer from the housing and refill the housing with new developer. I'm not sure if any NVM needs to be set.

print 4 sheets 1cyan 1magenta 1yellow 1black 50% is ok 100%is fine(print on SRA3 size.from that you will get the color that is fading.
step 2...assuming the fading color is magenta(since your have already replaced the drums)check the mirrors(this can be see from underneath and you need a torch to do this.
step3..if you find the mirror is dirty(which is most likely the case)then you need to clean it.
let me know if you need further assistance in just across the border in nairobi kenya

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back