Xerox DC500 printing on linen stock

Higgybw

We have a Xerox DC5000AP. We want to print on the "Custom Coated linen 10pt." stock. The ink does not get layed in the grooves. We have changed some settings to increase the charge and to darken the print. We have not been able to get it to look good.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

That machine is not capable of those stocks. Actually I'm not even sure of annything that Xerox offers but the iGen that can handle those various stocks.

There are other machines that can handle those stocks.

We have a 250 that can print on that stock. We want to duplex the stock that is why we need to print it on the 5000. I understood that the 250 and the 5000 were essentially the same machine.

It won't work.... tried it with my 8000AP, even changing the 2nd BTB settings doesn't help.

look from your paper vendor if they have textured papers (linen like) for digital machines. they are smoother, so the fusing process of the toner is better into the "grooves".

the Xerox iGen can do it because it pushes the toner into the "grooves" through "sound waves". it's a different process and technology.

you could also contact your Xerox Supplies Rep at 1.800.822.2200, or Xerox Custom Document Solutions Center 1.800.572.3273

We received the samples of this stock from Xerox directly, it is a chemically treated stock and it is not working.

I have an old Canon IRC3200 that I keep around for this kind of stuff. The quality is not the same but it gets me out of a pinch when needed. I even run small amounts of envelopes through it. I'm sure there are other solutions too, maybe the Xante Illumina?

I received sample stocks from a paper vendor last week on a digital textured stock. I ran the Linen, Felt and Laid Finishes through our KM and the output was shockingly good. Before this I found one linen stock the would work on this machine and my doc 12. It was by Cambric. I'll see if I can get the names.

Ray

Try a custome setting

Try a custome setting

Create a custom setting: set your bios to 115 and the paper weight to 300GSM and run SEF. This works on Classic Linen, not sure about your special stock.
Good luck

We found that the following papers work well.

Becket Cambric (Cambric is the linen line) It's similar to the digital linen from classic. The other one we tested is the Mohawk Itone series. They are looking quite good even when flooding the sheet.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back