Xerox supplies backordered

buckeyewta

Is anyone else having issues with supplies being backordered? Normally our orders have been shipping next day from Xerox. The last few weeks Versant 80 supplies are taking up to a week to ship out.

I am told ours have been slow like that ever since we got our Versant 3 months ago.We try to keep a bit deeper stock. Slower than when we ordered Docu700 supplies. We are in Ohio too.

Is anyone else having issues with supplies being backordered? Normally our orders have been shipping next day from Xerox. The last few weeks Versant 80 supplies are taking up to a week to ship out.

We ordered supplies for our 2100, I think it uses the same toner as the 80, and it said everything was backordered, without an estimated shipping date, but it all arrived 5 business days later. We usually keep a 3 week supply on hand, but if a big job comes in, it can cut us down to a 1 week supply.

I've been seeing delays on toners for our Xerox 1000 lately. 9 business days to ship yellow on our last order, but the other 3 colors came quick. The order before that it was black that was delayed.

Might have something to do with Xerox spinning off into two separate companies; probably trying to keep their inventory low so they look better on paper.

PrintIT, how has service been on the 1000? (Are you US?) We've been hearing stories of extremely slow service (and getting worse) on iGen and 1000s. We've been looking at the 100i, but we'll stick with the 2100 for the sake of service through our dealer which has been outstanding.

Our service is great (Northeast USA). I think our longest call we've had was maybe 5 or 6 hours before we saw a tech, and the tech called me 2 or 3 times apologizing that everyone was tied up and trying to get to us asap. And our main tech is great - very knowledgeable and gets the job done right. That being said, I'm sure it varies from office to office. We used to have a Canon, and their service was incredibly slow, but at the same time I heard from other places in the country that their service was great. Just has to do with how well staffed and how good the local techs are.

Our service, as well as supplies have been good on both our Versant 2100's (Southeast US). Have not experienced any slow-down of either. We do keep about 3-weeks depth on hand just in case we get hit with an unscheduled big job

Ive noticed that with our 1000i the last few shipment orders have taken a little longer than usual to fulfill on the black. How many do you guys usually keep on hand. Ive been bumping up my order lately and try to re-order when I'm down to 10-12 blacks and usually order 10-12 at a time. Ive been wanting to order more and have slowly increased the amount but I feel like I'm going to get to a point where they will no longer allow it.

As for service, our service has been excellent. The only problems we have are occasionally our calls don't go into the system. From now on as soon as I make a call, I send a text or call to our lead tech and let him know we have a call in.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back