Xerox Versant 180 wrinkles in paper

My Xerox Versnat 180 gives wrinkles in paper. Engineer recommended to change Pressure roller, after changing roller there is no improvement. I try to change DE curler setting also . attached picture shows fault detail.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 01.19.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 01.19.35.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 61
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 01.19.35 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 01.19.35 (1).jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 54
Welcome, for starters...
When did the problem start?
Does this only happen on one/all substrates?
Does it happen from all paper sources?
Is your paper catalogue set up correctly?

I've had this once or twice on our V80, I think they did the pressure roller first but I have in my head it was a complete new fuser that solved it.

From the first image you can see the toner hasn't fused in the crease so it is happening prior/in the fuser.

Last edited:
Welcome, for starters...
When did the problem start?
Does this only happen on one/all substrates?
Does it happen from all paper sources?
Is your paper catalogue set up correctly?
This Problem is from 18 Months. Normally this problem occur on Thin media or low gram lik 100gsm to 150gsm Paper or Lable, or PVC. 1. Engineer suggest to change setting of curling then 2. Engineer Change setting of media type like coated, uncoated, lable etc 3. He Change Presser Roller but problem not solve.

We've had this a couple of times on our Versant 80. The engineer ended up changing the belt on the fuser which resolved the issue.

Just had this issue intermittently on a versant 3100 with Titan Gloss 120gsm/100# coated text, and heavy ink coverage. Lowered the fuser temp 10 degrees to resolve.

I'm pretty sure it was a worn out gear that operates the speed of either the second BTR, the IBT, or the bottom half of the fuser.

We've had the issue twice, exactly one year apart. I'm pretty sure it's an IBT gear.

I'm pretty sure it was a worn out gear that operates the speed of either the second BTR, the IBT, or the bottom half of the fuser.

We've had the issue twice, exactly one year apart. I'm pretty sure it's an IBT gear.
And IF the tech knows their job they will be able to inform you and determine the cause.
There may very well be a 'Tech Note' on the issue.
Sigh.

Maybe I should start a binder and put these good tips in it for the future. I already had the Fuser unit and pressure roller replaced, that fixed my problem with wrinkles on lighter stock.

The weird thing is we run light stock all the time, but I kid you not, the issue cropped up last year when we went to run a bunch of 84 page catalogs, 80# C Lynx + 50# T Lynx, and the booklets had wrinkled pages, it took 3-5 days to figure out the root of the issue back then.

Sure enough, this year the customer reaches out and says the job is coming our way, just needs to finalize the artwork, and that same day the machine starts to wrinkle the sheets again. Luckily enough we had it fixed a few days before the client needed their job.

Was the same worn out gear causing the issue. I'll ask my tech later this week which gear, but my hunch is that it was an IBT timing gear.

The weird thing is we run light stock all the time, but I kid you not, the issue cropped up last year when we went to run a bunch of 84 page catalogs, 80# C Lynx + 50# T Lynx, and the booklets had wrinkled pages, it took 3-5 days to figure out the root of the issue back then.

Sure enough, this year the customer reaches out and says the job is coming our way, just needs to finalize the artwork, and that same day the machine starts to wrinkle the sheets again. Luckily enough we had it fixed a few days before the client needed their job.

Was the same worn out gear causing the issue. I'll ask my tech later this week which gear, but my hunch is that it was an IBT timing gear.

Please guide me which gear.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 07.05.30.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 07.05.30.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 07.04.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 07.04.52.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 04.55.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 04.55.52.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 34
I had this same issue on my Versant 280. Sometimes it can be the pressure roller, but on this occasion it was the fuser.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back