Xerox versant 3100

Shaun

HI
I invested in a xerox versant 3100 press
getting a line running along back edge of sheet 20mm from edge
size of sheet is 320mm x 455mm
we have been told by xerox that this is a design flaw in the press and we need to tell customers to not send jobs bigger than A3 or they must use tints without black in it.
we are being forced to outsource our jobs as well as printing them litho.
has anyone else had this problem.
thanks

herewith a pic of the line we getting
shows up on all stock but even more pronounced on heavier grammages

Attachments

• IMG-20210728-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210728-WA0004.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 389
Dont get this on my much older V2100. Well I wont say I "never" have!. but most definatley not a design flaw. Kick up a stink until they get it sorted.

I've always had this on our v80. Plenty of threads on here based on this issue. Supposibly the card kicking at some point and juddering the transfer unit.

Only shows on certain jobs on heavy stock 300gsm +

Black about 20mm from tail edge, magenta and cyan can also show similar in other areas on the sheet. I've tried everything to solve this and never worked. Only solution if it's showing like that it to try and change the grey breakdown to rely more on cym and reduce black

Maybe I should elaborate. Yes I do get something similar on my V2100 but it is much closer to the edge say 10mm (so about the 440mm point)
on Sra3 sheets (450mm x 320mm). Tech describes it as tail edge flick. Never had it on stock less than 300gsm. Slowing the machine down helps a little. Seldom a problem for me as its so close to the edge almost all ways trims out.

I've always had this on our v80. Plenty of threads on here based on this issue. Supposibly the card kicking at some point and juddering the transfer unit.

Only shows on certain jobs on heavy stock 300gsm +

Black about 20mm from tail edge, magenta and cyan can also show similar in other areas on the sheet. I've tried everything to solve this and never worked. Only solution if it's showing like that it to try and change the grey breakdown to rely more on cym and reduce black
been told that it is a problem with the 1st BTR and distance of the black from yellow but that they have sorted that out on the newer models
would have been nice if that had let us know that they had had this problem on previous models prior to us buying this one
Anyway seems we stuck with it know

we have been told by xerox that this is a design flaw in the press and we need to tell customers to not send jobs bigger than A3 or they must use tints without black in it.
This is completely dumb and whoever told you that should be looking for a new job.
Ask him/her to refer you to this limitation in the CED - obviously it won't be in there...

the issue can be minimized fully by having the latest software and not what's online and updated NVM's
Also the latest version of the BTR and Fuser assembly needs to be rebuild (specially the gear assembly) with updated Fuser belt and pre fuser belts need to be replaced
Also IBT assembly has to be updated and make sure the flywheel is installed (its standard on the 3100 but sometimes people take it out)
Its quite a bit of work but pretty standard

the issue can be minimized fully by having the latest software and not what's online and updated NVM's
Also the latest version of the BTR and Fuser assembly needs to be rebuild (specially the gear assembly) with updated Fuser belt and pre fuser belts need to be replaced
Also IBT assembly has to be updated and make sure the flywheel is installed (its standard on the 3100 but sometimes people take it out)
Its quite a bit of work but pretty standard
Do you know are those upgrades and updates unique to 2100, 3100 or is it possible and V80, V180 range?

V3100 for three years. I occasionally report this issue for a service call and techs just swap out the belt or roller that is impacted and we're back to normal. Agreed with the others on bringing up the CED.

If this line happens on the same exact spot for every print, this can be due to a missing guide plate inside the fuser unit. Some technicians remove it when replacing the pressure roller / fuser and forget to put it back in.

I placed a service call today for a very similar if not the same issue. There always seems to be image problems. Banding, streaks, uneven toner. Quiet honestly, after getting the 3100 I will not be getting another Xerox machine. So many odd problems. So many jobs have had to be reprinted for issues which come and go throughout the job.

Agreed
I have a year left but will not remain with Xerox
last year they introduced rebuilt fusers which messed with the timing between the 2nd BTR and Fuser
they denied this at first trying to blame my environment and paper that we were using, but it soon became evident that fault was theirs , they have gone back to using the original fusers but this year they have introduced a faulty batch of Drums, their solution is to keep replacing these drums with the same faulty drums until they get a new batch of drums. They have introduced a 4100 into the market which has the same problem with line as the 3100.
The reprints and downtime are costing us and yet they aren't concerned at all.

Agreed
I have a year left but will not remain with Xerox
last year they introduced rebuilt fusers which messed with the timing between the 2nd BTR and Fuser
they denied this at first trying to blame my environment and paper that we were using, but it soon became evident that fault was theirs , they have gone back to using the original fusers but this year they have introduced a faulty batch of Drums, their solution is to keep replacing these drums with the same faulty drums until they get a new batch of drums. They have introduced a 4100 into the market which has the same problem with line as the 3100.
The reprints and downtime are costing us and yet they aren't concerned at all.
its ridiculous, we are going through drums left and right. lucky if we get 10% out of any one
first they said it was toner, now they say either bad drums, or some type of voltage problem in the machine.
we are getting a new Iridesse next week, and we can't wait to get this 3100 outta here!

its ridiculous, we are going through drums left and right. lucky if we get 10% out of any one
first they said it was toner, now they say either bad drums, or some type of voltage problem in the machine.
we are getting a new Iridesse next week, and we can't wait to get this 3100 outta here!
You will love the Iridesse. Night and day difference. We did the same thing in January of this year. The drum issues were starting to crop up last year but it sounds like it has only gotten worse.

Only downside with the Iridesse is you don't have to replace drums or other parts very often and you can forget how to do it, unlike the Versant which had to have parts replaced daily or weekly.

Corotrons are about the only thing needing replaced very often as it is the leading cause of image defects.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back