bizhub PRO C500 - ghosting only in CYAN

Denis9595

Hello, anybody who can help - I have problem with ghosting only in CYAN, and only on one half of the sheet A3 (see the attached JPG). It has been happening before PM and after (replaced drums and developer). Thank you

Attachments

• ghosting CYAN.jpg
    ghosting CYAN.jpg
    860.4 KB · Views: 177
Fill an A3 sheet with cyan squares. Print the sheet and stop it when the sheet just gets past the transfer roller (you will need to bypass the door interlock). Pull out the process unit and look on the belt and drum to see where the image is blurred. If it is ok on the drum then you must have an issue with the transfer belt. If it has the same problem on the drum then it can either be drum, dev tank, charge unit or erase lamps. You can swap all these between colours to test. So swap the charge, drum and test. If the fault persists swap the magenta and cyan tank and do a print. The print should now be magneta. If you see the same problem clean the seal glass, then swap the write unit with another colour.

Hi UberTech,
thanks for your quick reply. I did everything you recommended, and came to conclusion that the problem is with the developing unit, so my question is - can I do somthing else than to replace it? The counter is 500.000. Thanks again

We usually just chuck them away. They aren't supposed to last the life of the machine. Check the surface of the mag roll and see what it looks like. I suspect this or the metering blade is stuffed. You can pull the metering blade off but that would to just confrim you findings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back