Acento Problems

Baldbug

We have had our Acento IIs for over two years now and since it was installed there has been an inherent problem that occurs every few months.
We turn on the Acento on the same each time we use it, but some times (every couple of months or thereabouts) the plates come out unimaged except for the start of the plate description on the trailing edge of the plate, about 2 letters of the plate description image and nothing else. This will happen on GTO 46, 52 or MO plates, it doesn't depend on a certain plate size. We put clean plates in, the acento images the plates (1 at a time) and the plate comes out with no image except for the 2 letters at the back of the plate.
To fix this problem we turn off the acento, wait 10 seconds or so and restart the acento and it fixes the problem. The plates come out imaged perfectly.
We've had Agfa looking at the problem and they recently adjusted the borders for putting the plate info on the back edge of the plate, but that was two months ago and yesterday the acento produced blank plates again.
So does anyone have any ideas what the problem is please??

Have you gotten any errors?
If, when the Acento exhibits this problem, can you output test images from the Control Panel?
Specifically a Grid Pattern?
If you have no errors and can output a Grid Pattern, the issue is most likely with the front end.

Did you have this from the begining?
We had to replace our cable due to some damage in one of the wires, there is a kit for it, and it can be tested by replacing the cable. (the imaging is at the monitor end of the drum) If I remember correct it is a moving cable band and the flaw/crack in a problem cable may be triggered by homing.
(We never turn the Accento off except when we close production over a couple weeks in summer)

No errors anywhere on the acento or in prepress area. I think the first time this happened was about 6 months after we purchased the equipment. We have had the front end checked remotely a few times this has happened and nothing was found to be wrong or any errors anywhere. The card in the server has been moved to different positions. Cable has been unconnected and reconnected and checked. No answers yet to fix the problem. The problem only occurs after startup ie it nevers occurs in the middle of ctp plate runs. We now do one plate and check if the machine is making plates correctly and then proceed with the rest of the plates to be made.

We have had our Acento IIs for over two years now and since it was installed there has been an inherent problem that occurs every few months.
We turn on the Acento on the same each time we use it, but some times (every couple of months or thereabouts) the plates come out unimaged except for the start of the plate description on the trailing edge of the plate, about 2 letters of the plate description image and nothing else. This will happen on GTO 46, 52 or MO plates, it doesn't depend on a certain plate size. We put clean plates in, the acento images the plates (1 at a time) and the plate comes out with no image except for the 2 letters at the back of the plate.
To fix this problem we turn off the acento, wait 10 seconds or so and restart the acento and it fixes the problem. The plates come out imaged perfectly.
We've had looking at the problem and they recently adjusted the borders for putting the plate info on the back edge of the plate, but that was two months ago and yesterday the acento produced blank plates again.
So does anyone have any ideas what the problem is please??

I need the serial number of your machine.

Ok. I have got your message on the processor. I understand the problems. Odd problems!!

I had the same problems with LP-68 Processor and the Panel. The ex- owner got rid of the machine and sold it to customer of mine. Exactly the same problems. By pass is the best way,if you can't get rid of the processor.Otherwise, your cost will be high. It is a manufacturing screw up. I have been working on the machine to get it on production level and finally managed to save my customer's investment, but didn't make much for myself and I had to convince my customer of mine as well.

.Back to your problems with Acento check the following PCBs' part numbers and firmwares. Make sure the right ones are installed.

The Head CPU3 board receives and transmits the image data to the driver boards. It also controls the laser diodes, the zoom and focus motors and the temperature of the Peltier Cooling Unit.The LRB32 board receives the image data via the F-PIF and transmits the data to Head CPU/CPU3 board.
The board also generates the different test patterns and controls the automatic burn-out. On top of this the board also integrates the pixel formatter functionalities of the SPX32 board.
This combination can detect the breaking of the signal cable between the LRB32 and the Head CPU3 board.
:Acento S:

- Version 1.21 and later :)Acento S Standalone or with the autoloader L-100 or L-300)
- Version 5.23 and later :)Acento S with the autoloader L-50).
Acento S : S/N: 114 or later : LRB32 Board DN+100049647V01
:Acento S : S/N: 119 or later : Head CPU3 board (32 channels) DN+100058238V01

Hope this will help!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
At this stage it is starting look like a Firmware update may happen. It has been suggested that a defragging script for the hard drives be put into the system also.

At this stage it is starting look like a Firmware update may happen. It has been suggested that a defragging script for the hard drives be put into the system also.

What are the revisions of your PCBs? Dis your Tech told you why is he going to upgrade the firmware?

It looks like the Firmware update is not needed. By saying my Acento IIs spits out a plate with no image once every 4 months is not a big deal. It's like a photocopier that has the occasional paper jam I suppose.

It looks like the Firmware update is not needed. By saying my Acento IIs spits out a plate with no image once every 4 months is not a big deal. It's like a photocopier that has the occasional paper jam I suppose.

It can be said also with no image on the plate and not solving the issue the problem will get worst. Hope not!

Prepress equipment

Prepress equipment

Dear Sir,

we buy and sell used prepress equipment (CTP and CTF).
we have in stock :
USED CTP AGFA ACENTO E (OFFLINE) YEAR 2004
WITH RIP APOGÉE X VERSION 4
WITHOUT PROCESSOR
NUMBER OF PLATE : 48 000
Please contact me by email : [email protected] and I am sending you the pictures and price.
with best regards
helene

I need the serial number of your machine.

Ok. I have got your message on the processor. I understand the problems. Odd problems!!

I had the same problems with LP-68 Processor and the Panel. The ex- owner got rid of the machine and sold it to customer of mine. Exactly the same problems. By pass is the best way,if you can't get rid of the processor.Otherwise, your cost will be high. It is a manufacturing screw up. I have been working on the machine to get it on production level and finally managed to save my customer's investment, but didn't make much for myself and I had to convince my customer of mine as well.

.Back to your problems with Acento check the following PCBs' part numbers and firmwares. Make sure the right ones are installed.

The Head CPU3 board receives and transmits the image data to the driver boards. It also controls the laser diodes, the zoom and focus motors and the temperature of the Peltier Cooling Unit.The LRB32 board receives the image data via the F-PIF and transmits the data to Head CPU/CPU3 board.
The board also generates the different test patterns and controls the automatic burn-out. On top of this the board also integrates the pixel formatter functionalities of the SPX32 board.
This combination can detect the breaking of the signal cable between the LRB32 and the Head CPU3 board.
:Acento S:

- Version 1.21 and later :)Acento S Standalone or with the autoloader L-100 or L-300)
- Version 5.23 and later :)Acento S with the autoloader L-50).
Acento S : S/N: 114 or later : LRB32 Board DN+100049647V01
:Acento S : S/N: 119 or later : Head CPU3 board (32 channels) DN+100058238V01

Hope this will help!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back