If this is an issue due to a narrow bend, like for a
Harris/HDM/Goss Sunday press, then you could
use a "negative plate" where the image is formed
using the action of the laser, rather than a positive
plate, where the background is cleared-out with
th action of the laser.

There also might be after-market narrow clamp
options - check with you Kodak vendor on this. Or,
you could imager slightly larger, and trim the plate.

Thoughts?

I mean the clamps that hold the plate in position. Is there any way to adjust those ? Buying negative plates is not an option because the processor is for positive plates only.

What exactly do you mean?
The HEAD grippers are fixed.
The TAIL grippers are positioned relative to your plate size.
Slide the tail grippers to their PRELOAD position ( near the Head grippers, but not touching them )and do a New Plate or Preload in the Loading Ssystem dialog. This will move the Tail grippers to the desired position as long you chose the corect plate that is in the cassette.

The grippers are not holding the plate very tight. Because of this, air is entering under the plate and i have unexposed areas near the grippers. I am looking for a way to tight those grippers to hold the plate better.

Maybe the little springs are broken on some of the grippers. Make sure that the tail grippers feel the same when you press them down and the the whole unit with the spoiler does not slide easily in the grooves.

Maybe i cand find in the manual a way to tight those grippers. I don't want to disassemble the whole machine.

You can adjust the gap between the spoilers and the surface of the drum by using the small screws with red locktite on them. The gap should be about 0.05mm. you will have to use a shim for this. If this does not help than it looks like you have some broken springs under the silver gripers that slide in the grooves. The replacement of the springs is a more complex job. But you will need the springs for this.

Spring sizes: SCOMP.W=.029" D=.18" L=.75" MUS
As I said it is not straight forward to change the springs so I think you would be better off having the job done by a professional engineer.
The problem could arise from the removal of the head grippers and spoilers to allow for the tail gripper to be removed.
Some of the problems could arise from the:
Removal of the registration pins located with the spring spoilers at the head grippers
New shoulder screws need to be used and tightened at the correct torque
Etc. etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back