Any Canon c9075 Users out there

bhm8hwcm

Anybody running the new Canon box yet? I am trying to decide between the the Xerox 700, KM 6501 and Canon 9075. I have had test prints done on all of them and I am getting another set done as well on all.

I like the gloss of the prints on the Xerox and Canon (more like my offset work in my opinion). I think overall the KM box is great (superiour to the other 2 in many ways) but the work comes off flatter looking and I am not sure if this would be a problem. I presently have a Xerox 250 and I like the gloss of it...similiar to the 700 and Canon 9075.

I have read the posts on the forum but wanted to see if anyone was actually running the 9075 and had feedback on it.

I'm very interested in Canon's new line as well. We have an old IR 3200 that's just not working for us anymore. I will be going in for a test in the next couple of days. We also looked at a Xerox 260 a couple of weeks ago and were impressed with the quality (over the 3200). Specifically on heavier stocks. Anyone have one yet?

I just demoed this machine today, we currently have a 3200 and 5180 canon's. My concern is it is brand new, i am considering this or Xerox 700 and still on the fence. I would really appreciate any feed backs on the c9075.

Thx...

Im not sure why anyone wants to be the first to buy a new machine. For one you have a machine no one really understands, full of bugs and the techs are learning as they go. Oh and like anything new you pay top price for it.

Yes it is the same for KM.

You are right Uber, I have been a IT guy for 17 years not a print guy and agree that new stuff is headache. I believe my hesitation with Xerox comes from not having any experience with xerox, have have been a canon shop for 10 years now.

Im not sure why anyone wants to be the first to buy a new machine. For one you have a machine no one really understands, full of bugs and the techs are learning as they go. Oh and like anything new you pay top price for it.

Oh and currently the price we are offered for 700 and C9075are the same.

Xerox

Xerox

Xerox service is excellent with issues and their response line usually has a patch on the spot, or if it is new within days. Usually the Xerox is more expensive though. Canon Colour has some drifting issues when we looked. We went with the DC700 and are pleased. Very little downtime

THanks for the input so far. At this point I have decided not to go with the Canon. Based on some initial samples I did like the quality and that is why I wanted to give it consideration.

I received the Customer Expectation Doc and checked out speeds. Unfortunately on the coated stocks (my main stock) the machine is very slow. For anyweight of coated stock (light to heavy) it only prints 10 sheets per min of 13x19. KM and Xerox print at 15. Especially for lighter weight coated stocks the speed gap becomes even bigger.

I have done another test run on the KM and waiting back for samples on the 700. So far (surprisingly based on my previous perception of KMs) I have been quite impressed with the Konica. I presently have a Xerox 250 (4 years old) and am a little considered whether or not the 700 is just a beefed up verion. I am worried about the issues I have had with the 250 and do not want the same issues for another 400 years.

Ubertech I have a question for regarding the KM 6501. I know there is an adjustment where it splits the sheet into 8 zones (running the 13" way). With this you can tweak the CMYK across the sheet. I have seen it and was just wondering how much adjustment there is and how well does it work. Can you tweak colours by a couple of percent if need be (up or down) or is it more or less? This seems to be a good feature.

The 700 is totally different that the 2xx series. Interface decurler, metal guides for registration just to name a couple I remember from the demo

Actually the price we were quoted for the 9075 is less than the Xerox but clicks are more expensive. I'm still researching. The heavy coated speed worry's me a little 10 per minute???!!!!

THanks for the input so far. At this point I have decided not to go with the Canon. Based on some initial samples I did like the quality and that is why I wanted to give it consideration.

I received the Customer Expectation Doc and checked out speeds. Unfortunately on the coated stocks (my main stock) the machine is very slow. For anyweight of coated stock (light to heavy) it only prints 10 sheets per min of 13x19. KM and Xerox print at 15. Especially for lighter weight coated stocks the speed gap becomes even bigger.

I have done another test run on the KM and waiting back for samples on the 700. So far (surprisingly based on my previous perception of KMs) I have been quite impressed with the Konica. I presently have a Xerox 250 (4 years old) and am a little considered whether or not the 700 is just a beefed up verion. I am worried about the issues I have had with the 250 and do not want the same issues for another 400 years.

Ubertech I have a question for regarding the KM 6501. I know there is an adjustment where it splits the sheet into 8 zones (running the 13" way). With this you can tweak the CMYK across the sheet. I have seen it and was just wondering how much adjustment there is and how well does it work. Can you tweak colours by a couple of percent if need be (up or down) or is it more or less? This seems to be a good feature.

Anyway you can post all the speeds it mentions up?

Actually the price we were quoted for the 9075 is less than the Xerox but clicks are more expensive. I'm still researching. The heavy coated speed worry's me a little 10 per minute???!!!!

from what i am being proposed both machines loaded whith folding unit, all paper decks and pro finishers xerox is $500 cheaper. and canon is still more expensive on the clicks. Our Graphics guy thinks 9075 has better color but difference is not a deal breaker. Since i started reading this forum, i and getting a quote from KM 6500 series as well.

The Canon apparently has waving over a period of copies.
The colour consistency on the Xerox is great from the first print of the week to the last print.
The Konica 6500 is quite old technology. Really the same as the Xerox 250. We checked this machine out at the same time and it didnt compare. Consistency wasnt there

The purpose of this adjustment is to adjust density across the sheet as you mention. The early c6500 were plagued with an imbalance problem particulary on yellow and on the edges so they came out with this in the 01's, even though they had resolved the issue with new write units.

So far it has worked well for me and saved me alot of time. The adjust is quite fine but usually suffcient to fix any problems.

The Canon apparently has waving over a period of copies.
The colour consistency on the Xerox is great from the first print of the week to the last print.
The Konica 6500 is quite old technology. Really the same as the Xerox 250. We checked this machine out at the same time and it didnt compare. Consistency wasnt there

In what respect was the c6500 old technology? Considering the x700 is pretty much a 250.

We just had a C9065 installed last week. We also looked at the Xerox 252 and 700 but felt the C9065 was a better fit.

The main reason we chose the canon over the 252 was the ability to duplex stock heavier than 28#. We were really happy with the demo unit that xerox provided us, but its inability to duplex anything over 28# was a deal breaker.

Canon has a program going on where they buyout the last six months of a contract if you were a Ikon customer. This really was an advantage over xerox and put the canon several hundred dollars below the 700. I thought the canon was way better in quality over the 700 when comparing my test files. The technicians there said that it must need servicing when looking at my test files, but it was enough to make me chose the canon, especially with the cost difference.

We have a Ikon CPP500 (rebadged km500) and had nothing but problems with it. Enough so that I didn't want to consider another KM machine.

So far we are totally happy with our purchase and only concern is that it is a first generation model. We have had great success with other canon products and it definitely played a factor in our decision. We like the controls that come with this unit. It offers much greater control than our old box. Color consistency has been spot on and our designers seem to love it.

So far we have thrown at it some 100# velvet text, that duplexed perfectly, 100# gloss cover that we ran one side at a time, but we didn't have to tweak anything to align it, and also 110# Classic Crest cover, gsm 297.

We have yet to have a jam and this is on the same paper that the xerox 252 had issues with. Only time will tell of course, but so far, so good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Did you get the Fiery ColorPass or The ImagePass? Any reasons for your decision?

We just had a C9065 installed last week. We also looked at the Xerox 252 and 700 but felt the C9065 was a better fit.

The main reason we chose the canon over the 252 was the ability to duplex stock heavier than 28#. We were really happy with the demo unit that xerox provided us, but its inability to duplex anything over 28#
a deal breaker.

Canon has a program going on where they buyout the last six months of a contract if you were a Ikon customer. This really was an advantage over xerox and put the canon several hundred dollars below the 700. I thought the canon was way better in quality over the 700 when comparing my test files. The technicians there said that it must need servicing when looking at my test files, but it was enough to make me chose the canon, especially with the cost difference.

We have a Ikon CPP500 (rebadged km500) and had nothing but problems with it. Enough so that I didn't want to consider another KM machine.

So far we are totally happy with our purchase and only concern is that it is a first generation model. We have had great success with other canon products and it definitely played a factor in our decision. We like the controls that come with this unit. It offers much greater control than our old box. Color consistency has been spot on and our designers seem to love it.

So far we have thrown at it some 100# velvet text, that duplexed perfectly, 100# gloss cover that we ran one side at a time, but we didn't have to tweak anything to align it, and also 110# Classic Crest cover, gsm 297.

We have yet to have a jam and this is on the same paper that the xerox 252 had issues with. Only time will tell of course, but so far, so good.

We went with the Imagepass a1. It gave us all the control we need. I really like fiery's impose software and the a1 is powerful enough to run it. Command Station 5 is also more user friendly and recommend upgrading to it to anyone still using previous versions. We would have had to step up to the next level to get fiery's design suite to run control bars for our press and it meant an additional $6000 or so for that and we just couldn't justify it.

All machines have their pros and cons, but this seemed to be the best fit for us.

We tested the Canon yesterday. Overall, the print quality is great. Compared side by size with the samples from the Xerox 260 (in my opinion):
A couple of notes about both machines. Both had the Color Pass Fiery, the Xerox that we demoed has been up and running for quite a while, the Canon was just set up a day or two before the test so there were no tweaks done for color or front to back registration.
The Canon images were slightly sharper.
The color on the xerox samples seemed to be more brilliant.
The Xerox samples on uncoated stock were MUCH better than the Canon. (This is a known issue and Canon apparently has a fix for this)
The toner on the Canon looked more like offset quality than the Xerox. I'm torn on the faux gloss that the Xerox toner has....Especially on uncoated stocks.
Thats my quick observation. We were looking at the 9075/9065 with the booklet stitcher and POD paper deck with the ImagePass A1. Apparently, the Canon 7065 is basically the same box and is $4000 cheaper. It doesn't have the trimmer option, as well as a few other options that we don't care about anyway.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back